ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 11-02-17, 05:31 AM

Ashtonblake is on a distinguished road
Help?

Hello. I'm 19. So growing up I've been through alot. I've never ever been able to focus. I'm talking staring at 2+2 for 30 seconds.

In high school. I did go through alot in high school with some family issues happening. I also worked 40 hour weeks in highschool doing detail since 16 to support my mom. Needless to say. These past few years have been stressful as he'll. I had truancy charges on me for a ridiculous amount of days missed due to not being able to wake up.

I often cannot really talk I stumble my words and get lost mid sentence. Which causes anxiety about it and also always am going over in my head about what people think of me and overanalyzing everything and freaking out. Later realizing I'm doing a great job. I've always been in my head and forget **** all the time and will have to ask people what they told me and will repeat my self alot.

Anyways. That's all fine in high school to ignore but through the company I work for. I ended up doing paintless dent repair now. For those that don't know it's not your average 19 year old job. (I make over 10k a month) but. With that comes a **** ton more stress and being who I am. My head is a cluster. I've always been unorganized but it's worse now. I always forget where I put things (slowing my down in work) and my mind is just everywhere all day and I will put off other jobs because I'm inimidated. Which I've always procrastinated. Anyways I know this is frowned upon. But my mom is the same way as me were very close. And she takes adderall.

She never wanted me taking any drugs for it as a kid so we just ignored it. So. I ended up sneaking 2 30 mg xrs from her and took them im 200 pounds 6'2and after about an hour it hit me good but it wasn't like I was ****** or anything I could think very clear but about 20 min later. It leveled out perfect and lasted about 5 hours. I had never fealt better in my life. I fealt just. At peace. Like this is how I was meant to be. I wanted to just go out and work at 12 am. I was so happy because I actually truly fealt right and my mind has been a foggy dark place for years now. And I could actually say sentences without getting lost.

Anyways. 2 questions. 1 should I just be straight up with the doc about trying it and explain my whole situation. 2 any of y'all painters or welders out there and how does it effect you work. Strength and vision etc. Thanks guys!

Last edited by peripatetic; 11-02-17 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Added paragraphs for readability. No other edits.
Old 11-02-17, 11:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,883 Times in 11,055 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help?

Best not to tell the doc that you stole the meds from your mom to try them.
Stimulant meds are strongly regulated and it's illegal to take them if they
haven't been prescribed to you.

Just tell the doc that your mom has ADHD and you think you probably do too.

By the way, stimulant med doses are not weight based. What you took was a
Very Large starting dose. The best advice is to start low and increase slowly
to prevent unwanted side effects from being really horrible.

I'm not a welder, but my dad was, so I can't answer that question for you.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 11-02-17, 01:52 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,300 Times in 13,282 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtonblake View Post
So. I ended up sneaking 2 30 mg xrs from her and took them im 200 pounds 6'2and after about an hour it hit me good but it wasn't like I was ****** or anything I could think very clear but about 20 min later. It leveled out perfect and lasted about 5 hours. I had never fealt better in my life. I fealt just. At peace. Like this is how I was meant to be. I wanted to just go out and work at 12 am. I was so happy because I actually truly fealt right and my mind has been a foggy dark place for years now. And I could actually say sentences without getting lost.
Aside from the legal aspect, part of the issue with taking adderall without an rx or guidance from a doctor is taking too much-especially all at once. I take 20mg of xr 3 times a day and 1 20mg ir once a day. You took what I take in a day all at once. Of course you felt good. Intentional or not you were euphoric. People abuse these meds for a reason. Adhd meds should not make you want to go out and work at midnight, Thats not what they are used for. Over the long term they will not work this way.
Quote:
Anyways. 2 questions. 1 should I just be straight up with the doc about trying it and explain my whole situation. 2 any of y'all painters or welders out there and how does it effect you work. Strength and vision etc. Thanks guys!
I am a big honesty person so if it were me, I would disclose it. But at the same time doctors are scared to death of getting in trouble and Id hate to see you be untreated simply because you made an impulsive and dumb mistake.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-17, 11:45 PM

Ashtonblake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Aside from the legal aspect, part of the issue with taking adderall without an rx or guidance from a doctor is taking too much-especially all at once. I take 20mg of xr 3 times a day and 1 20mg ir once a day. You took what I take in a day all at once. Of course you felt good. Intentional or not you were euphoric. People abuse these meds for a reason. Adhd meds should not make you want to go out and work at midnight, Thats not what they are used for. Over the long term they will not work this way.

I am a big honesty person so if it were me, I would disclose it. But at the same time doctors are scared to death of getting in trouble and Id hate to see you be untreated simply because you made an impulsive and dumb mistake.
Apologies. I should have clarified more. Wrong analogy to use. Im very passionate about my work and was saying not that It made me want to go work. But that I was very focused and relieved of my clutter in my head that I was excited to work and not have a million things in my head and be 50 places at once as paintless dent repair is something not alot of people can do.

And I do mean most people fail to learn it, which in turn requires a ridiculous amount of focus when I'm working on a hail car etc.

Sounds stupid and not alot of people understand that it is an art that requires lots of skill. That's why they make alot. Thank you for your advice by the way have a good one