ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 11-09-17, 04:13 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,595 Times in 2,724 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Being ignored on dating sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Erm ......... doing a job I tolerate simply because it pays the bills

and a monkey could be trained to do my job, you don't even need a brain to do my job hence why I get so bored, I'm just not having a chance to use my brain at work
Do it! Train monkey's to do your job! That would be an awesome job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 04:22 PM

Thanked 19,327 Times in 10,271 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
I LOVE monkeys.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 04:45 PM

Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I LOVE monkeys.
I love bananas... but not monkey's who try to steal my bananas.
Little Missy (11-09-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-17, 04:50 PM

OyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to beholdOyVeyKitty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
I love bananas... but not monkey's who try to steal my bananas.
Are you trying to snatch that job, Fraser?
The Following User Says Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 04:57 PM

Thanked 27,806 Times in 12,856 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVeyKitty View Post
I think the problem of over-saturation of men on dating sites leads to a problem for all of them. Due to the fact that some women get a lot of messages, they simply do not have time to respond to all messages they receive. This causes men to put less effort into each subsequent message because why bother, right? Which of course turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy and more overall noise scaring women away from online dating. I hate to do it but I frequently hide myself from men altogether on dating sites because of this problem.

On top of that, statistics done by OKCupid show that men more or less all contact the same women. Men seem to have a less subjective view of attractiveness than women do and this causes there to be outliers on both ends of the spectrum of attractiveness (as men seem to perceive it). Women considered very attractive are considered too intimidating and others are considered not attractive enough and both ends get few to no messages, while the ones somewhere in the middle get inundated with them.

This of course becomes an economical problem of massive proportions for men. Not only are there fewer women, but there is also an extremely high demand for the women whom men choose to contact. Many flee without a partner because of the apparent lack of quality men (due to low quality messages, possibly caused by frustration), making the pool of women even smaller and further increasing demand for the few who remain.

Women seem to be more subjective in their perception of attractiveness, with much more focus on both personality and perceived personality (from body language and looks). This works in men's favor if they know how to display their personality well. Note that "more subjective" does not imply complete lack of objective agreement over what constitutes an attractive man, but rather that there seems to be more fluctuation between how attractive women perceive a man to be as compared to the other way around.

This is, of course, a broad generalization but it's based on actual statistics and trends observed by dating sites. It also reflects my own experience.

In short, Fraser (and men in general), perhaps try contacting women you perceive to be "too attractive for you"? You could be their only message for the day. Whatever you do, don't go in with a wholesale attitude no matter whom you contact, but instead cherry pick the women you want to talk to and put proper effort into every one of them. Take a break if you feel you need it, but don't contribute to the spamming women are subject to because it's just bad for everyone involved.

Put time and effort into your profile. From my perspective as a woman and judging by the statistics I have seen, that would be your equivalent of a woman putting effort into her looks and photos. It's your number one asset after sending a message which gets a woman interested enough to go look at your profile.

By the way, personally, I find intelligence to be the most attractive attribute a potential partner can have. I can't speak for all women, but we're definitely out there.
Fascinating. That makes a lot of sense!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVeyKitty View Post
Are you trying to snatch that job, Fraser?
Are you kidding? There's more chance of a monkey training me.
OyVeyKitty (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 08:48 PM

Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,749 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Interesting assessments on dating sites here.

I still wonder if your best bet is still trying to meet people in ways other than online dating sites given the poor odds you have. What do you guys think about that and where else could people meet others?

I think it's especially true for you Fraser if you sound smart. Cause I don't think your intelligence can shine in just an online profile the way it would in person.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-09-17), Little Missy (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 10:19 PM

I would meet people in person, but I must have the most awkward persona in the world. My success in person is worse than it is on the internet (worse than zero). I never know what to say to people, end up saying the wrong thing without realizing it out of nervousness, then before I know it, i've totally blown any chance I had of any kind of relationship with that person.

I'm tired of feeling so alone, but at the same time, I feel like i'm stuck being the way that I am. I just wish somebody out there could just accept that this is the way I am, instead of expecting me to pretend to be anything different, which I can't do anyway.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-10-17), Fuzzy12 (11-10-17), Little Missy (11-09-17), ToneTone (11-10-17), WhiteOwl (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 12:09 AM
Contributor

WhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to beholdWhiteOwl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I would meet people in person, but I must have the most awkward persona in the world. My success in person is worse than it is on the internet (worse than zero). I never know what to say to people, end up saying the wrong thing without realizing it out of nervousness, then before I know it, i've totally blown any chance I had of any kind of relationship with that person.

I'm tired of feeling so alone, but at the same time, I feel like i'm stuck being the way that I am. I just wish somebody out there could just accept that this is the way I am, instead of expecting me to pretend to be anything different, which I can't do anyway.
Do you want to cry with me? I'm having a blubber fest. I just got asked by a guy I thought might be interested in me, if I had nice hips/thighs? I would rather get no attention at all! I'm deleting my account.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 01:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Batman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Same situation with me except I'm certainly less smart than you. I guess technically my odds of anything are even less, probably drastically less even for other reasons. Pointless comparison I know, but maybe if you figure out something that helps, it might help the both of us or vice versa or whatever.
The Following User Says Thank You to Batman55 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 06:35 AM

Thanked 27,806 Times in 12,856 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You know you come across so.well online it might actually help if you first chat for a while before meeting. Though I guess chatting with the purpose of meeting in the near future might change the way you chat. There isn't a nice single girl living somewhere in the clouds on addf is there?
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-10-17)
Old 11-10-17, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
You know you come across so.well online it might actually help if you first chat for a while before meeting. Though I guess chatting with the purpose of meeting in the near future might change the way you chat. There isn't a nice single girl living somewhere in the clouds on addf is there?
I don't get a chance to chat though, that's the problem. I get zero responses.

All the girls are nice on ADDF. Just none of them are single, near by or are interested in a schlub like me.
midnightstar (11-11-17)
Old 11-11-17, 11:43 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,085 Times in 11,705 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't get a chance to chat though, that's the problem. I get zero responses.

All the girls are nice on ADDF. Just none of them are single, near by or are interested in a schlub like me.
I'm single but there's ain't no way I could get to Scotland
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-11-17), WhiteOwl (11-11-17)
Old 11-11-17, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I'm single but there's ain't no way I could get to Scotland
I know right? The post office should deliver people too! I'd have a first class stamp with your name on it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-11-17), midnightstar (11-11-17), WhiteOwl (11-11-17)
Old 11-11-17, 11:56 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,085 Times in 11,705 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know right? The post office should deliver people too! I'd have a first class stamp with your name on it.
Ebony and Tigger too
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-11-17), WhiteOwl (11-11-17)