ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Eating Disorders/Weight Issues/Body Image
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-17, 06:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,871 Times in 13,791 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
This time really

Just ate half a box of brownies. I'm feeling sick but it's taking everything I got to not eat the remaining brownies.

I need to lose weight. I've put on so much weight that my feet ache with every step. I snore when sleeping. I need to reduce.

I need to stop. Right now. Please make me stop. What would make me feel accountable?
Old 11-16-17, 07:56 AM

Thanked 21,256 Times in 11,387 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This time really

Knowing that you want to be able to dress nice and appropriately for your job unless you have a Saville Row seamstress for your get ups.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-16-17), Fuzzy12 (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 08:45 AM

Thanked 21,256 Times in 11,387 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Because you will feel so much better and move easier and love yourself.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-16-17), Fuzzy12 (11-16-17), stef (11-16-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-17, 10:25 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,791 Times in 8,902 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Nothing tastes as good as feeling good feels.

No one else and nothing else can make you do it, nor make you want to, unfortunately, at least that's how I experienced it and hear many others describe their food addiction experiences.

Addictions are a b****, regardless of the thing one is addicted to. Especially when you have to do the thing that's become an addiction (eat) a couple times a day simply to sustain your life.

I found (in my case) it can only come from within, only once I'm truly ready, although I definitely never gently or gracefully enter into those kinds of changes by any means.

I had to go all the way to 324 lbs., become damn near bed ridden, end up with a list as long as my arm of diagnoses, and also partake in a visit to the ER in severe pain to think about it, along with the possibility of losing an organ, before I finally decided to change things.

Wishing you well and wellness in following through. It remains the most difficult thing I've attempted to do in my 50 years of existence. Even though I'm heading into year 3 of the changes, I still struggle in being surrounded by it all whenever I venture out.

Although no one else can make us change or make us truly want to, having sincere and strong support as we go through the uncomfortable transitions is priceless and very necessary.

Is your hubby finally on board, too, and is agreeing to no longer bring the stuff that you're trying to avoid into the house?

He's one of the external things that can definitely make your efforts much more difficult to do and can easily thwart your attempts, albeit unintentionally.

Crack addicts simply can't go into crack houses without being tempted.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-16-17), Fuzzy12 (11-16-17), Little Missy (11-16-17), stef (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 10:33 AM

Thanked 33,849 Times in 15,311 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

have you heard of the "whole 30"? i know people who've done it/are doing it. they say they feel great. i don't really know.

i run a lot.

BUT, i'd be up for giving this whole 30 thing a shot. want to try it together? it's only 30 days and could jump start something for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Just ate half a box of brownies. I'm feeling sick but it's taking everything I got to not eat the remaining brownies.

I need to lose weight. I've put on so much weight that my feet ache with every step. I snore when sleeping. I need to reduce.

I need to stop. Right now. Please make me stop. What would make me feel accountable?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-16-17), Fuzzy12 (11-16-17), Little Missy (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 11:27 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,908 Times in 13,069 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Because you will feel so much better and move easier and love yourself.
Also, you'll have more energy for activites with Fuzzling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-16-17), Little Missy (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 06:53 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

It's hopeless. I've had 5 little chocolate pieces though I know that chocolate keeps fuzzling awake and makes her irritable. Then I had half a dozen other sweets..and some coco cereals. The cereals tasted to bland after all that sugary stuff...

Yes hubby has agreed to not buy crap anymore but mil has sent a big box of sweets and the chocs I got as a return gift from a baby birthday party. Well fuzzling got them but she doesn't eat chocolate.
Old 11-16-17, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Knowing that you want to be able to dress nice and appropriately for your job unless you have a Saville Row seamstress for your get ups.
I do want to dress nice missy. I don't fit into any of my clothes and even if I bought new clothes they still look crap. I try to use that as motivation but it's not doing the trick
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
have you heard of the "whole 30"? i know people who've done it/are doing it. they say they feel great. i don't really know.

i run a lot.

BUT, i'd be up for giving this whole 30 thing a shot. want to try it together? it's only 30 days and could jump start something for you.
I looked at it and it sounds too restrictive. I don't want to. It out grains or legumes. I'd love to try something together though. Maybe that will make me feel accountable. I could just do it without cutting out grains...

As I read it I thought if I do this I'll start from Sunday because onsaturdaykm going to a birthday party with lots of nice sweet and milky stuff... really i am just a glutton...
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 07:03 PM

Thanked 6,474 Times in 3,091 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

This time of year is the worst possible time to go on a diet. Pig out, then stop on the 1st of January.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
This time of year is the worst possible time to go on a diet. Pig out, then stop on the 1st of January.
No too late. I can't have 2 more months of pigging. The whole floor creaks when I a wlk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (11-16-17), Little Missy (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 07:18 PM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
really i am just a glutton...
If you keep going you wonít have to worry about your feet aching because they will have been cut off as part of the diabetic consequences of uncontrolled sugars.

Or maybe you will have a vascular accident of the brain or heart, and if you donít die outright, Fuzzling will be left with a vegetable for a mother.

Maybe that wonít happen, and youíll just be left blind and incontinent, and Fuzzling can remember her last days with you as ones full of foul diaper changing.

There, I tried not to pull my punches. Reading it back, it seems harsh, and it is. But I assure you, I am not exaggerating.

My mumís neighbor had a toe amputated, and because of the vascular damage to her leg over the years, it wasnít healing properly, and now they are trying to decide if it will just be removal of the foot or everything below the knee.

I wish you the best Fuzzy...I like you a lot and the idea of you slowly suiciding is upsetting.

Were she old enough to voice it, Iím sure Fuzzling would say much the same, at several orders of magnitude greater.

Well-Wishes,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-16-17), wonderboy (11-18-17)
Old 11-16-17, 07:41 PM

Thanked 6,474 Times in 3,091 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No too late. I can't have 2 more months of pigging. The whole floor creaks when I a wlk
Then the floor boards are old, worn or broken.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (11-16-17)
Old 11-16-17, 07:43 PM

Thanked 33,849 Times in 15,311 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I looked at it and it sounds too restrictive. I don't want to. It out grains or legumes. I'd love to try something together though. Maybe that will make me feel accountable. I could just do it without cutting out grains...

As I read it I thought if I do this I'll start from Sunday because onsaturdaykm going to a birthday party with lots of nice sweet and milky stuff... really i am just a glutton...
let's do something! we can each have one "cheat"...you can have grains/legumes and i'll have yoghurt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-17-17), wonderboy (11-18-17)
Old 11-17-17, 05:40 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,942 Times in 14,763 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

If you sweets as gifts from anyone including your mother in law you need to throw them away in the trash immediately. Put some dirty trash on top of it outside so you wont be tempted to go back for them. Just because someone gives you a food gift doesnt mean you have to keep it. If you get the right opportunity you can mention that you would rather get fruit baskets or cheese and cracker baskets instead of candy. Blame it on fuzzling if you have to. Yes you can go buy stuff but its a hell of a lot easier if its not in your house.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-17-17)