ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 11-25-17, 12:53 AM
Jr Member

Talietje is on a distinguished road
Social avoidance

This topic is a little personal, but I feel the need to share.
Whole my life I had issues with social interaction (maybe because of my inattentive personality) and some of the problems are getting less but I have still issues today.
I feel guilty about my avoidance towards people. I don't know, but most of the time it's my first reaction towards people I'm not sure they will like me or not. I always make myself embarrassed in interaction with people. Or I don't know what to say or how to behave. The least I want is giving people the impression I don't like them, It's only always so hard and intense to confront my fears, every day...

Miss Think
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talietje For This Useful Post:
DeClutter (11-25-17), WhiteOwl (11-27-17)
Old 11-29-17, 11:36 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,385 Times in 764 Posts
finallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant futurefinallyfound10 has a brilliant future
Re: Social avoidance

Can you look into seeing a therapist who can help you in social situations?
Perhaps that can make all of the difference for you.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Old 12-03-17, 07:00 PM
Jr Member

Talietje is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyfound10 View Post
Can you look into seeing a therapist who can help you in social situations?
Perhaps that can make all of the difference for you.
Maybe... I'm considering to see someone.

Miss Think
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-18, 05:48 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,884 Times in 13,585 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talietje View Post
This topic is a little personal, but I feel the need to share.
Whole my life I had issues with social interaction (maybe because of my inattentive personality) and some of the problems are getting less but I have still issues today.
I feel guilty about my avoidance towards people. I don't know, but most of the time it's my first reaction towards people I'm not sure they will like me or not. I always make myself embarrassed in interaction with people. Or I don't know what to say or how to behave. The least I want is giving people the impression I don't like them, It's only always so hard and intense to confront my fears, every day...
Do you had adhd or another anxiety issue?

I carried a watermelon?