ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 12-07-17, 03:41 PM

firefire is on a distinguished road
Adderall

This is my first week taking 20mg Adderall for ADHD, and there's already something wrong with my penis. Reduced blood, size, can barely orgasm and can only do that flaccid. Totally consistent with what I'm reading about this drug. There's a kind of euphoric effect kicking in. That is nice.

What this reminds me of is when I was experimenting with PEA (phenylethylamine), a supplement I was able to obtain from a weight lifting nutrition store. This boosts dopamine and noradrenalin, and is also a vasoconstrictor. Closely related to amphetamine. Same effect: elevated mood, lowered erectile funcioning.

I had been reading that dopamine increases sexual desire, and in some cases genital blood flow. So I thought that taking amphetamines would increase sex. Probably would, if not for the vasoconstriction.

I don't believe the warning on Adderall of only a 2% incidence of ED, if that's what it is (I can't find any mention of the ED incidence). It's a vasoconstrictor. It will vasoconstrict all men. The only question is, how strong your erections were to begin with, and whether you can still perform, when you are a little softer.

I was already really distracted during sex. I lose interest in things really fast. Half of the time I lose desire within a few minutes, and just want to go do something else. Too bad Adderall won't be the solution.

It does appear that when you have more dopamine, you have more of a sense of well being and increased sexual response. I found some sleep studies on dopamine injections increasing nocturnal erections. Now I think I'll go back and research natural ways to boost dopamine, without 'amines'. Of course there's always exercise lol... back to basics...

Last edited by peripatetic; 12-07-17 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: per guidelines, use appropriate terms for body parts
Old 12-11-17, 06:05 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,768 Times in 13,523 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall

Some info about phenethylamine:

Phenethylamine is a primary amine, the amino-group being attached to a benzene ring through a two-carbon, or ethyl group.[18] It is a colourless liquid at room temperature that has a fishy odour, and is soluble in water, ethanol and ether.[18] Its density is 0.964 g/ml and its boiling point is 195 C.[11] Upon exposure to air, it combines with carbon dioxide to form a solid carbonate salt.[19] Phenethylamine is strongly basic, pKb = 4.17 (or pKa = 9.83), as measured using the HCl salt and forms a stable crystalline hydrochloride salt with a melting point of 217 C.[18][20]

Substituted derivatives[edit]
Main article: Substituted phenethylamine
Substituted phenethylamines are a chemical class of organic compounds that are based upon the phenethylamine structure;[note 1] the class is composed of all the derivative compounds of phenethylamine which can be formed by replacing, or substituting, one or more hydrogen atoms in the phenethylamine core structure with substituents.

Many substituted phenethylamines are psychoactive drugs which belong to a variety of different drug classes, including central nervous system stimulants (e.g., amphetamine), hallucinogens (e.g., 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine), entactogens (e.g., 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine), appetite suppressants (e.g. phentermine), nasal decongestants and bronchodilators (e.g., pseudoephedrine), antidepressants (e.g. bupropion), antiparkinson agents (e.g., selegiline), and vasopressors (e.g., ephedrine), among others. Many of these psychoactive compounds exert their pharmacological effects primarily by modulating monoamine neurotransmitter systems; however, there is no mechanism of action or biological target that is common to all members of this subclass.

Numerous endogenous compounds – including hormones, monoamine neurotransmitters, and many trace amines (e.g., dopamine, norepinephrine, adrenaline, tyramine, and others) – are substituted phenethylamines. Several notable recreational drugs, such as MDMA (ecstasy), methamphetamine, and cathinones, are also members of the class. All of the substituted amphetamines are phenethylamines as well.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 12-20-17, 10:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

diagoro is a jewel in the roughdiagoro is a jewel in the roughdiagoro is a jewel in the rough
Re: Adderall

Same experience as yours. In my case, I stopped taking the adderall because if the side effect, that and the sleeplessness.

The sad thing in my experience, I've found that numerous doctors didn't acknowledge or know about this side effect. Which to me, is a total failure to understand the basic mechanics of the medication. Should also note, most doctors will advise the patient should just take a blue pill to counteract the effects (which for me caused too many side-effects to be worth it)
Sponsored Links