ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 12-17-17, 09:37 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,195 Times in 8,192 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Job issues

I switched jobs two months ago but have not been making the type of money I thought I'd make. It's a sales job, and I'm having a difficult time getting sales. I guess I need support and to figure out my options, as well.

My boss says we're slow because of Christmas and the holiday season. In the meantime, my savings account dwindles down, and I'm feeling the urge to do something.

I was thinking about picking up a side job at Domino's Pizza to earn extra spending money.
namazu (12-21-17)
Old 12-18-17, 06:19 AM
Jr Member

NightKnight is a jewel in the roughNightKnight is a jewel in the roughNightKnight is a jewel in the rough
Re: Job issues

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Was your prior job in a different field?
Are you interested in doing sales work?
The Following User Says Thank You to NightKnight For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (12-18-17)
Old 12-18-17, 01:14 PM
Moderator of all seasons

anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKnight View Post
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Was your prior job in a different field?
Are you interested in doing sales work?
I like sales. It seems to be the best way to make a lot of money.
Old 12-18-17, 04:24 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,489 Times in 1,785 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear this.

Do you know enough about the average sales quantities in your company to know if your boss is telling you the truth?

Hopefully he is but if not, might be better to get another job again imo. I assume salespeople are in demand so you should be able to get another job. It really does feel like some sales jobs you can be rolling in the dough and others are a struggle. I think you made the right choice in leaving your old company no matter what happens with this job.

As far as the other job goes, I think there are tons of temp jobs for the holiday season right now if your didn't want to do something that required a commitment.

If I got a second job, I would have to get permission from my company to work that job otherwise it's called moonlighting and thry could fire me. Not sure if it's the same for your job.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (12-21-17), namazu (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 04:13 AM

Thanked 1,320 Times in 541 Posts
InvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond reputeInvitroCanibal has a reputation beyond repute

What are your skills, what are your hobbies, what are your interests?

There are some jobs that may fall into a hobby, or interest, which may not make a great amount of money, but it might be enjoyable as an extra job.

This can fall under writing, consulting, organizer for events, craigslist odd jobs such as dog walking, (I love pets) or any contract based temp work.

As far as your skills,

If you know how to play an instrument then give lessons to a few people at a minimal rate.

Also, try attending a meet-up

I have been going to a lot of start up business meet ups and many of them are attended by tech people in need of sales people.

Believe it or not, all these tech companies need sales people more than they need tech people.
anonymouslyadd (12-21-17), namazu (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 04:44 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,405 Times in 12,887 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about this

Is there an easier side job than Domino's ?
(I only say this because anything like that would be such an utter disaster for me, because of my symptoms, that I can't even imagine it )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (12-21-17), Little Missy (12-21-17)
Old 12-21-17, 01:08 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvitroCanibal View Post
What are your skills, what are your hobbies, what are your interests?

There are some jobs that may fall into a hobby, or interest, which may not make a great amount of money, but it might be enjoyable as an extra job.

This can fall under writing, consulting, organizer for events, craigslist odd jobs such as dog walking, (I love pets) or any contract based temp work.
I like campaigning and have pretty good communication skills. I like nature. I like pets. I love writing.
Quote:
As far as your skills,

If you know how to play an instrument then give lessons to a few people at a minimal rate.
I signed up to tutor at one of the local colleges here. I think I'm going to need to wait until the Spring Semester begins before seeing any income coming in, though.
Quote:
Also, try attending a meet-up

I have been going to a lot of start up business meet ups and many of them are attended by tech people in need of sales people.

Believe it or not, all these tech companies need sales people more than they need tech people.
I like this idea. Meet ups are good, and who knows what can happen.
Old 12-21-17, 01:10 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Sorry to hear about this

Is there an easier side job than Domino's ?
(I only say this because anything like that would be such an utter disaster for me, because of my symptoms, that I can't even imagine it )
I actually think I can handle Domino's so I'm not really worried about it. I've done food delivery before.