ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-12-18, 01:40 PM

tomgrouncontrol will become famous soon enough
Post Hair thinning or slight hair loss, has it happened to you?

I'm taking extra measures to counteract the effect. I'm about a year and a half plus with medications and I've tried things like clonodine, and other anti-dep. until settling down with Adderall. Now I'm usually the hairy person, mildly, but I notice that my hairline is thinning and it has some lines of emptiness. My hair is generally quite thin but this made me feel odd.

After a bit of research, adderall does cause hairloss and to balance it out, off-the-counter pills like Biotin and even some monthly rogaine dab might help balance the effect while taking clonidine or not. Am I right or wrong?

Another question: Why does taking a stimulant like adderall cause some imbalances on some parts? Like I think I would need more Vitamin C than I did before taking Adderall...?
Old 01-14-18, 11:30 AM
ADDvanced Member

Snoopy10 will become famous soon enough
Re: Hair thinning or slight hair loss, has it happened to you?

I don't know the answer but many drugs can cause hair loss. I've been on Adderall for 3 years and my hair is a-ok. Maybe it's a coincidence?
Old 01-14-18, 02:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 20,009 Times in 10,657 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hair thinning or slight hair loss, has it happened to you?

Thick, thicker and curly, it's a chore unwinding it from the vacuum beaters.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Sponsored Links