ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-17, 02:14 AM

Mr.Eyeknow is on a distinguished road
Do you often feel alone and so diffrent...

Why are we so different from others that are not ADD...
Have you ever think that you know too much and being so unstable in your mind that you're always on the brink of becoming insane....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Eyeknow For This Useful Post:
DeClutter (12-10-17), Emre22 (12-08-17), Fraser_0762 (12-08-17), Fuzzy12 (12-08-17), MilosM (12-09-17), stef (12-08-17)
Old 12-08-17, 06:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,477 Times in 3,092 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you often feel alone and so diffrent...

Yes!

Myself occupies almost all of my time, so I don't have time for anyone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
allesandro1 (12-09-17)
Old 12-08-17, 08:56 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

My mind emotions are always like super-volcano , supernova
You are welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
allesandro1 (12-09-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-17, 09:21 AM

Thanked 30,103 Times in 13,875 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes extremely though more so when I was younger. Now I accept that I'm different or maybe I've just got used to it.

Also with age I'm realising that in some aspects I'm not so different at all...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-08-17), DeClutter (12-08-17), OyVeyKitty (12-10-17), stef (12-08-17)
Old 12-09-17, 06:38 AM

MilosM is on a distinguished road

Yes, sometimes I hate everyone around me, because they just don't get it. People around me are also incredibly boring and lack any ambition, yet they achieve things while I can't do anything. It's extremely frustrating.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MilosM For This Useful Post:
allesandro1 (12-09-17), Batman55 (12-10-17), Emre22 (12-09-17)
Old 12-09-17, 11:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

Not only do people not get it, but they don't care either. I have a deaf friend who recently told me deafness is considered to be the " the most invisible disability." I said nothing because I just knew he wouldn't get it even if I tried to explain it. Not only frustrating but it can also be very lonely
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allesandro1 For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (12-10-17), kwalk (12-19-17)
Old 12-09-17, 11:07 PM
ADDvanced Member

allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about

duuude, all the time.
Old 12-10-17, 08:22 AM
ADDvanced Member

DeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to behold

well, at times i just compare it with being in a foreign country, of which you speak the native language just enough to get by, but not enough to get the deeper nuances right.

So, lots of misunderstandings, never quite able to really express the most complex and deep thoughts, willing to connect but just stumbling on the language barrier.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeClutter For This Useful Post:
Ronelh (12-14-17)
Old 12-10-17, 02:18 PM
ADDvanced Member

mrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the roughmrzyphl is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Eyeknow View Post
Why are we so different from others that are not ADD...
Have you ever think that you know too much and being so unstable in your mind that you're always on the brink of becoming insane....
Know too much about what?
There are incidences in my life where people may have perceived me to be slightly off my rocker.
I can only comprehend the truth with some deep reflection after some time[days, years] has passed.
I could be completely insane right now and not even realize it until I look at myself from some distance in the future.
Old 12-13-17, 01:18 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,415 Times in 6,122 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel different.lonely some times but I have learned though the years no company is better than bad / toxic company.....

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-13-17), Fuzzy12 (12-13-17), kwalk (12-19-17), Little Missy (12-13-17), Ronelh (12-14-17)
Old 12-13-17, 07:40 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,233 Times in 14,915 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzyphl View Post
Know too much about what?
There are incidences in my life where people may have perceived me to be slightly off my rocker.
I can only comprehend the truth with some deep reflection after some time[days, years] has passed.
I could be completely insane right now and not even realize it until I look at myself from some distance in the future.
I know you probably didnt mean it this way but the whole "off my rocker" and being completly insane can be offensive to people with mental illness. People like me who have had bipolar episodes like a fugue where I didnt know where I was or what I was saying and appeared 'off'.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 12-14-17, 09:26 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ronelh has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeClutter View Post
well, at times i just compare it with being in a foreign country, of which you speak the native language just enough to get by, but not enough to get the deeper nuances right.

So, lots of misunderstandings, never quite able to really express the most complex and deep thoughts, willing to connect but just stumbling on the language barrier.
Not a bad description! I am an expat living in a foreign country so I really identify with this comparison!

It used to bother me that I felt so different from my peers but now it doesn't so much. Who wants a world where everyone is the same anyway? and how many great people in history were just like their peers? Nothing wrong with being a bit different. I just try to enjoy it... most of the time, anyway.
stef (12-14-17)
Old 12-14-17, 05:19 PM
ADDvanced Member

Gypsy Willow has a spectacular aura aboutGypsy Willow has a spectacular aura about

We are different but in a cool, good way!

We are much more intelligent than non-ADD people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy Willow For This Useful Post:
daveddd (12-15-17)
Old 12-15-17, 02:28 AM

Thanked 11,260 Times in 5,501 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Every second of my life

But that’s not the people without adds fault so I don’t judge them or consider myself superior to them because of it
aeon (12-15-17), Gypsy Willow (12-15-17)
Old 12-15-17, 02:32 AM

Thanked 11,260 Times in 5,501 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I know you probably didnt mean it this way but the whole "off my rocker" and being completly insane can be offensive to people with mental illness. People like me who have had bipolar episodes like a fugue where I didnt know where I was or what I was saying and appeared 'off'.
Geez people canít even use old cliches to describe themselves without being offensive

Is it actually offensive or just a chance to one up someoneís mental illness

Someone saying there adhd makes them look off their rocker really hurts you because of s fugue bipolar state? If it really does Iím sorry. Just seems like more of an attention thing