ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-26-17, 06:58 AM
moulton8 moulton8 is offline
Newbie
 

Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: PA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
moulton8 is on a distinguished road
Lying psychiatrist

Hey, gang. I'm new to the site as a member, and I have a situation/question.

Situation: I am new to my area, so I met with a psychiatrist to pick up med management where the old doctor left off.
The new guy wouldn't fill my Rx and is making me come back again this week. Also, it turns out he's a nut. He claimed to have checked for my name in my previous state's controlled substances registry and said i wasn't in there, which he said was suspicious or whatever. He also claimed to have requested my Rx records from my old doctor. I later confirmed with my old doc that he lied on both counts. My name is most definitely in the registry for my old state, and he never requested any records.

Question: What's with this guy? What should I do?

He seemed to be keen on pushing unnecessary counseling on me and was eager for me to meet with the clinic director when I questioned him. I did, and the director was an idiot who had no idea what i was even referring to when I mentioned Vyvanse. Seems they have an agenda to push counseling and deny meds. Does that happen?

After all that, i highly doubt he'll do right by me if I go back, but i have half a mind to go in there for my next appointment if only to let him know I know he's lying.

I know I should find a new psychiatrist, but this guy was the only one I found thats accepting patients within a 100 mile radius, and I am out of meds. This will be my third visit to him. The first was a $115 intake that supposedly Highmark insurance wouldn't cover (I suspect this is another lie because Highmark said they do normally pay for this), then my first $20 copay appointment (plus extra $5 charge for paying with credit card!?), and the next one coming up. It's an hour drive each way, so that'll be six hours driving and over three hours dealing with these clowns.

If i go again and this guy continues dicking me around, i have half a mind to go to the local news to see if they'd be interested in reporting on a crooked doc/clinic who refuse to provide continuing care and lies out their teeth in the process. I'd love to put these clowns on blast for wasting over 9 hours of my time and $165 out of pocket.

I'm very upset, to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-26-17, 11:49 AM
sarahsweets's Avatar
sarahsweets sarahsweets is offline
Mod-A-holic
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: nj, usa
Posts: 28,176
Thanks: 5,744
Thanked 32,580 Times in 15,085 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lying psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by moulton8 View Post
Hey, gang. I'm new to the site as a member, and I have a situation/question.

Situation: I am new to my area, so I met with a psychiatrist to pick up med management where the old doctor left off.
The new guy wouldn't fill my Rx and is making me come back again this week. Also, it turns out he's a nut. He claimed to have checked for my name in my previous state's controlled substances registry and said i wasn't in there, which he said was suspicious or whatever. He also claimed to have requested my Rx records from my old doctor. I later confirmed with my old doc that he lied on both counts. My name is most definitely in the registry for my old state, and he never requested any records.

Question: What's with this guy? What should I do?
Hate to say it, but absolutely call other doctors and ask directly about insurances and paying out of pocket. Leave this doc. Call the database(or government or whatever office) runs it and see if you are in it. Get your old doc to do it, and see if your old doc can somehow confirm in writing that they were never requested. Do you have an old bottle? That can prove it. Or go to the pharmacy you filled it at and get a print out of your prescription history. They keep meticulous records and will have it and should do it.


Quote:
He seemed to be keen on pushing unnecessary counseling on me and was eager for me to meet with the clinic director when I questioned him. I did, and the director was an idiot who had no idea what i was even referring to when I mentioned Vyvanse. Seems they have an agenda to push counseling and deny meds. Does that happen?
How ironic? I smell a rat. Who benefits from your counseling financially? I bet its your doctor and his office. Counselors often have limited to almost no understanding about meds. Anyone in mental health who has never heard of vyvanse is an idiot.

Quote:
After all that, i highly doubt he'll do right by me if I go back, but i have half a mind to go in there for my next appointment if only to let him know I know he's lying.
Until you have written proof somehow through your records or doctor, do not mention this or you will have backpeddling on his part, defensiveness or god forbid he tries to alter any records he has.

Quote:
I know I should find a new psychiatrist, but this guy was the only one I found thats accepting patients within a 100 mile radius, and I am out of meds. This will be my third visit to him. The first was a $115 intake that supposedly Highmark insurance wouldn't cover (I suspect this is another lie because Highmark said they do normally pay for this), then my first $20 copay appointment (plus extra $5 charge for paying with credit card!?), and the next one coming up. It's an hour drive each way, so that'll be six hours driving and over three hours dealing with these clowns.
Money-money-money! There is a shortage of P-docs and they know it. They know the reimbursment rate of insurance companies is below their fees and they are unscrupulous sometimes and try to make that up in other ways. You basically needed an intake (required by any new doc for a new patient) and maintainence appt. Three appointments and pushy unnecessary services are not cool. I would consider reporting him to the state attorney general/medical licensing board/ medical board and every agency you can think of but only when you have written proof to include with records.

Quote:
If i go again and this guy continues dicking me around, i have half a mind to go to the local news to see if they'd be interested in reporting on a crooked doc/clinic who refuse to provide continuing care and lies out their teeth in the process. I'd love to put these clowns on blast for wasting over 9 hours of my time and $165 out of pocket.

I'm very upset, to say the least.
He will continue to jerk you around. Do not use the local news it will make trouble for you with all your docs in the future and it will not change his practices- the powers in charge are whats going to make him change so patience, proof and persistence are needed in this matter.
I really really hate to say it but you may have to consider out of pocket. But do not go on what a database says or your insurance says. You have to call everyone in your area and ask for yourself and ask if they do deals. Also call your insurance and ask if you have out of network coverage or any type of reimbursement if you were to submit bills you paid yourself.
__________________
President of the No F's given society.

I carried a watermelon?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-26-17, 12:31 PM
allesandro1 allesandro1 is offline
ADDvanced Member
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Phila.Pa.
Posts: 210
Thanks: 49
Thanked 115 Times in 70 Posts
allesandro1 has a spectacular aura aboutallesandro1 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Lying psychiatrist

Yes, therapy mills often lie and are often inept as well. For me that has often felt very violating. If Highmark pays for your psych visits, why wouldn't they pay for intakes? I just gave up on the whole insurance thing and pay out of pocket. I only go every couple of months.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #4  
Old 12-27-17, 04:51 AM
Swissy Swissy is offline
Contributor
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Usa
Posts: 308
Thanks: 81
Thanked 224 Times in 141 Posts
Swissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Lying psychiatrist

I would file a complaint with the state.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-18, 09:29 AM
Snoopy10 Snoopy10 is offline
ADDvanced Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: California
Posts: 187
Thanks: 98
Thanked 75 Times in 56 Posts
Snoopy10 will become famous soon enough
Re: Lying psychiatrist

Moulton8 did you find someone else to fill your prescription? In terms of turning the doctor in or any recourse, my advice is to walk away and don't look back.

My psychiatrist once told me about something called 'medical hexing', it's where a doctor (who we all view as an authority figure) starts telling you inaccurate things and you start to believe them. You don't need an incompetent dr messing with your head.

I for one struggle with being chained to a controlled substance. I hate having to go pick up prescriptions and always feel like I'm being judged. You don't need more judgement from this weird doctor and if you try to fight them, his judgment could hang around too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Psychiatrist is telling me to get my medication from family doctor...? Marie92 Adult Diagnosis & Treatment 2 08-05-14 03:39 PM
this DR Barkley quote states that Neurological tests have no value in the diagnoses.. CrashBandicoot General ADD Talk 127 05-16-14 03:31 AM
What's your psychiatrist like? johnnyc00 General ADD Talk 10 04-20-12 01:52 AM
What to expect from an ADHD appointment (with Psychiatrist) TyrosineKinase General ADD Talk 7 04-28-11 12:42 PM
Influential child psychiatrist failed to declare $1.6mil in income from drug cos Driver ADD News 0 11-22-09 07:18 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums