ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-18, 08:05 AM

jamezaddroid is on a distinguished road
Smile Years of faulty brain chemistry...

...has made me an overly complex, master of nothing. Those years, I hope, are over.

James here and I have just been diagnosed with adult ADHD, something I now know has thwarted my development and caused at least two (perhaps 200) major issues throughout my life.

I live in Australia and grew up in the USA. Down here, they prescribe Ritalin first, than Dexamphetamine if that doesn't work. After that, there maybe one or two other choices.

I tried Ritalin and found the headaches and crashes to be almost stress inducing. Luckily, my Psychiatrist has put me in Dexamphetamine. It hasn't been but a few days and I am already feeling like it could be the answer I have hoped to get. I know medications are only part of any holistic solution to a condition. And that is why I am here: to meet others with ADHD, find out how to do life and thrive.

Here is to a wonderful start in 2018!
The Following User Says Thank You to jamezaddroid For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-05-18)
Old 01-05-18, 11:26 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,585 Times in 6,064 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Years of faulty brain chemistry...

Welcome to the Forums.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
jamezaddroid (01-05-18)
Old 01-05-18, 12:49 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 28,714 Times in 13,280 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I preferred dex to ritalin too. Much more effective and fewer side effects. Without behavioural changes and strategies though it didn't help much really. Hope things will change for the better for you soon

Welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
jamezaddroid (01-05-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-18, 01:54 PM

Polyspecific is on a distinguished road

I just tried ritalin xr after being on Vyvanse (dex) for a year. Ritalin xr was nice for the first 4 hours, but then the redose rollercoaster started. The end of the coaster was a hard stop into a wall.

A lady I work with takes ritalin xr and has been taking ritalin for a long time. When I asked her about the *up-down-up-down-splat*, she hadn't ever experianced it. Different brains like different things.

~more general ~
Behavior changes are crucial: I had to start making lists and forcing myself focus on staying organized.