ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 01-18-18, 05:57 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,684 Times in 13,697 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: proud to say we took her car away for awhile

Thanks for sharing above.

Quote:
think this is why I thought taking the car away would be a good consequence. She doesnt have the freedom to make plans and get there. She now has to rely on me. And I am hoping it will help teach her. Its part of why we were so upset that she stayed out all night-she could have been anywhere cause she had her own car.
I think I understand now where you are coming from. So partly the issue was that she couldn't or didn't responsibly handle the privilege of having a car at her disposal so taking it away does make sense as a natural consequence.

And you are right of course that an 18 year old with ADHD doesn't have the same maturity as many of her peers... though she probably wouldn't agree with that..
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
sarahsweets (01-18-18)