ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 01-18-18, 09:41 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,476 Times in 11,514 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recovery...what's it mean to you?

Is the class for bereavement?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 01-18-18, 09:52 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,242 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Is the class for bereavement?
No. I'd likely be searching for a support group centered on bereavement if this group hadn't started up though.
I've got too much on my plate as is to try committing myself to 2 different groups.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 01-18-18, 10:07 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,476 Times in 11,514 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
No. I'd likely be searching for a support group centered on bereavement if this group hadn't started up though.
I've got too much on my plate as is to try committing myself to 2 different groups.
I was just going to tell you I tried the bereavement one and it was one day only for me because I left.
Gawd, it was a giant folder of pages and pages of what I already knew and after I read the whole thing in about 15 minutes it was basically a lot of hand holding and Kleenex boxes.

They were going to stretch it out for 3 months.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (01-18-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-18, 01:26 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,242 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, so here's what I've written up for my group today:
Quote:
RECOVERY:
'A return to a normal state.'
'Regaining pocession or control of something.'

Recovery to me is the ongoing...day to day...process of actively and knowingly working on living a safe and stable life I can be both proud and satisfied with.

Though I don't believe there is an end to recovery...there are some significant milestones I hope to achieve in the coming months and years that would provide a clear guage on how far I've come in my personal recovery, including:

-Volunteering or employment (without quitting!)
-Keeping a tidy apartment
-Improved self esteem (not being so internally mean to myself)

My "end goal"...my "big dream"...is to one day be stable enough to hold a meaningful job I enjoy while having moved past most of my self hatred.

I just want to be able to love and forgive myself and feel pride in how I live.
Good enough!

Thanks for all the input guys!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-18-18), namazu (01-18-18), Unmanagable (01-18-18)