ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 01-19-18, 07:36 PM

sfraenkel is on a distinguished road
Question New Medication Symptoms

Hey y'all. I have been on Concerta 36 mg (slow release) for about 10 years and was recently prescribed a booster by my doc for 10 mg of Ritalin (not slow release) to take in the evenings.

I just took my first one tonight and immediately felt jazzed and my toothache that I already had amplified exponentially.

I also am experiencing a gurgling/reflux sensation although I do not currently have acid reflux. Has anyone experienced this before?

Because I just took the pill about a half hour to forty-five minutes ago I am not sure if it's the dosage or the fact that it's not slow release that is causing this. Any experience would be appreciated!
Old 01-19-18, 09:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,408 Times in 1,130 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Medication Symptoms

Talk to your doctor ... you may have to eat/not eat before you take the booster.

And this could be a very much passing side effect. But sounds a bit scary to me ...

Tone
Old 01-20-18, 02:12 PM
Forum Guru

Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of
Re: New Medication Symptoms

Up Front: I only have experience w/ Amphetamines and no experience w/ MPH, but I believe they are applicable here.

When starting/adjusting dosage, I was aware of Side Effects and under what circumstances my Doc wanted me to discontinue/contact him. For me it takes 1-2 weeks for my body to adjust to the change (longer for certain things like sleep impact in my case). I always tried to live w/ any issues for 2 weeks before I evaluated the changes effectiveness/problems. I also found many issues that show up at first resolved on their own in first 2-3 days. Big euphoric kick, hyper focus, bigger sleep problems, over stimulation, etc

GL, -LN
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
ToneTone (01-21-18)
Sponsored Links