ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-18, 06:14 PM
Jr Member

apertxre is on a distinguished road
Hopefully getting tested soon!

Hi! I am new to the site in hope of some support I wish I was tested earlier. I feel like it would be more accurate I guess? An ADHD diagnosis would really explain my whole life honestly.

Elementary: At home, I was called slow, moody, and lacking of common sense quite a few times. I was definitely pretty hyper, walking, dancing and spinning around the house all. the. time. Didn't stop there cause at school, I often got frustrated with schoolwork (procrastination), was a target of bullies, and oddly followed people around.

Middle: I was definitely left out. My 'friends' pretty much told me I annoyed them. And I was picked on a lot. I was pretty (who am I kidding.. very) socially inappropriate and competitive against others. My grades dropped a little.

High school: oh god, 9th grade was almost all F's. I kinda gave up on school. It was so frustrating. I became focused on being a clown, and making friends (didn't work lol). I noticed how bad my reading comprehension skills were. Many people I met pointed out how much I rock in my seat, and how 'rude' I am. I often missed instructions from the teacher, which was embarrassing. I got bullied rly badly. It was horrible.

The bullying gave me low self esteem issues. I began crying a lot. I'm in college now, and everything's becoming more evident. :/ I'm struggling. I hope something will help. Even simple conversations are hard. I've developed a thing where I wring my hands, or pick at my nails. And I'm addicted to my computer aha.

Not exactly a question. More of an introduction.

The truth is:

I am a toy that people enjoy

'Til all of the tricks don't work anymore

And then they are bored of me.

~♬~
The Following User Says Thank You to apertxre For This Useful Post:
Batman55 (01-21-18)
Old 01-23-18, 08:53 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,423 Times in 15,022 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hopefully getting tested soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apertxre View Post
Hi! I am new to the site in hope of some support I wish I was tested earlier. I feel like it would be more accurate I guess? An ADHD diagnosis would really explain my whole life honestly.
try to look at it more like an evaluation not a test.

Quote:
Middle: I was definitely left out. My 'friends' pretty much told me I annoyed them. And I was picked on a lot. I was pretty (who am I kidding.. very) socially inappropriate and competitive against others. My grades dropped a little.
I had issues with friends too. I remember getting one of those mean girls letters about how I needed to leave the popular girls alone. Very hurtful.

[quo9te]High school: oh god, 9th grade was almost all F's. I kinda gave up on school. It was so frustrating. I became focused on being a clown, and making friends (didn't work lol). I noticed how bad my reading comprehension skills were. Many people I met pointed out how much I rock in my seat, and how 'rude' I am. I often missed instructions from the teacher, which was embarrassing. I got bullied rly badly. It was horrible.
[/quote]
D's and F's for me too until junior year. Dealing with undiagnosed BPII but I came out of my shell junior and senior year. Always had an awesome sense of humor and used that to my advantage. Reading so much gave me decent wit to deal with the A-holes. I was always involved in chorus and plays so I took off soaring with that in HS. I got leads in shows and developed an awesome set of friends. Went to college and did the same thing. Have a minor in theater. Met my husband, got engaged when I was 19, married when I was 20 and had my son 6 days before I turned 21. Lost most of my friends because i took about a year off. Had to balance crappy jobs and school while husband got his degree and started at the bottom of the food chain. Got used to being poor but we had each other. I get where you are coming from.

I carried a watermelon?