ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 01-22-18, 01:03 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,199 Times in 515 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of
Astrology and Zodiac signs

I've never paid any mind to that stuff, but I recently started reading about it and my mind has been blown. I'm an Aries and I'm dating a Virgo. I started reading about both our signs and have been amazed at how well it describes both our personalities, down to a T. I can't say it's that way for every single person, but definitely for us.

Basically, we are not supposed to be very compatible because we have very opposite personalities (opposites attract?). Apparently, the main problem that dooms an Aries-Virgo relationship, is we Aries are very impulsive and impatient, while the Virgo is very thoughtful and meticulous. They are slow to fall in love because they are very picky and have to think and rationalize every little thing, before they allow themselves to fall in love. We Aries cannonball right into that stuff as soon as we can, lol. Who needs to think and rationalize, when we can just feel? We are very emotional, while Virgo are very reserved and not very verbally expressive of their emotions.

I'm so thankful I read up on our signs, because I feel like I have a much better understanding of him and therefore a higher chance of our relationship working out long term. I am learning patience and how to control some of my impulses, lol. I am able to be honest with him and tell him how I'm feeling, he does understand and accept that I'm a very emotional person. He has said I can say anything I want/need to say, which I do when I'm feeling lonely or insecure, though I make sure not to dump a heap of emotions on him and overwhelm him. He has said that while he is not good with speaking his feelings, that if his feelings for me change, he will let me know and not leave me hanging. I also understand that he is better at showing his feelings through actions (which I love) and even if he may not say something, doesn't mean he doesn't feel it.

I had already started to realize this stuff about him, but reading about his sign and seeing how it lined up perfectly with what I was seeing, helped to confirm it. Had I not realized all this, I would have probably had an emotional meltdown on him and sent him fleeing very very early on. Which would be a huge shame, because he's a very good man. I have asked myself if all this is ok with me, if I can handle our differences. And I believe I can. Despite our different personalities, we do have so much in common, very similar worldviews and ideas of what we want in life, similar interests, etc. We enjoy each others company very much and are opening up more and more about our lives with each other. I'm pretty much head over heels for him, and he knows about it because I can't keep my big mouth shut and wear my heart on my sleeve. I can tell by his actions that I am important to him and he values/respects me, though he may not have the same feelings I have yet. Which is fine with me because I know he will feel things in his own time and when he expresses them, I'll know he means them.

Anyways, my point is that I would highly recommend reading up on your signs and compatibility when you start dating someone, even if you don't believe in that stuff. It is scary accurate for my bf and I, even down to the fact that he's very tight with money and I'm a horrible spender. Like, really? If you see that your signs match your personalities, read up all you can on it and it will add a whole new layer to your relationship, you will feel like you know and understand yourself and the other person so much better. You will know what role you can play in having as smooth of a relationship as possible and hopefully they will be willing to do their part.

It's probably best to find a sign most compatible with yours, but then where's the fun in that?
Old 01-22-18, 01:18 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,601 Times in 6,075 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Astrology and Zodiac signs

No retreats into mysticism for me, thanks.

And I know my sweetie’s sign...it’s green, and says “Go!” on it.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
stef (01-22-18), WhiteOwl (01-22-18)
Old 01-22-18, 01:20 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
No retreats into mysticism for me, thanks.

And I know my sweetie’s sign...it’s green, and says “Go!” on it.

Cheers,
Ian
I know, I've really gone off the deep end, haven't I? Don't believe it myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-22-18), stef (01-22-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-18, 04:46 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,230 Times in 13,786 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I am logical enough to know that this stuff is bunk and that daily horoscopes are just a journalist's googling. But the guilty pleasure part of me loves to see how accurate the info about pisces and scorpio's are. So many times I have read about the two being soul mates. Or how realistic the assessment of scorpio and my husband's personality seems.Or the way that pisces men vs women seems to make sense. Then again maybe I am reaching. Maybe I could be fooled into reading info about another sign under the disguise of it supposedly being pisces. I dont care though because its entertaining. I feel that as long as I am not making real life decisions or choices because of astrological signs and that I dont need a personal psychic to make decisions then its ok to fool around with it. Its fun and thats all. Dont feel bad white owl, I get it.Just remember its for entertainment purposes only.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
stef (01-22-18), WhiteOwl (01-22-18)
Old 01-22-18, 05:42 AM
ADDvanced Member

DeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to beholdDeClutter is a splendid one to behold

For me the only true zodiac is the MBTI, what place and time i am born into doesn't define me much. This would mean that two kids born in the same hospital at the same time would lead identical lives, and apart from twins where they share the same DNA, i think it rarely happens.

But... I admit, it's a guilty pleasure for me to read up about it, to be open to the mystical, or to endulge in conspiracy theories, even though i know well they don't necessarily hold any truth.
Old 01-22-18, 06:01 AM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,515 Times in 12,927 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Basically when I read a horoscope it is either : "hell yeah!" if it says I will have a good day;
or, "Well, certainly not!" if it doesn't.

That line of thinking can be very extreme;
A friend's mom used to run a small home day care, and he had said that one of the parents believed she "wasn't getting along well" with her 6 month old because "he wasn"t the right sign" (or the signs were incompatible, or something like that. )
Old 01-22-18, 10:03 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I am logical enough to know that this stuff is bunk and that daily horoscopes are just a journalist's googling. But the guilty pleasure part of me loves to see how accurate the info about pisces and scorpio's are. So many times I have read about the two being soul mates. Or how realistic the assessment of scorpio and my husband's personality seems.Or the way that pisces men vs women seems to make sense. Then again maybe I am reaching. Maybe I could be fooled into reading info about another sign under the disguise of it supposedly being pisces. I dont care though because its entertaining. I feel that as long as I am not making real life decisions or choices because of astrological signs and that I dont need a personal psychic to make decisions then its ok to fool around with it. Its fun and thats all. Dont feel bad white owl, I get it.Just remember its for entertainment purposes only.
Yeah, I definitely won't be reading daily horoscopes or going to have my palms read or whatever. I was just shocked to see how well it described us, so maybe there is some truth in all the riff raff. Environment and life experiences do definitely alter your personality. For example, I feel like I would fit the Aries description even better if I didn't have low self-esteem issues from child abuse. It has been very interesting to read.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-22-18), Little Missy (01-22-18), stef (01-22-18)
Old 01-22-18, 05:44 PM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,726 Times in 8,887 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

It's bunk but it can be good fun.

I do have a lot of characteristics of my sign (Gemini), but that's just coincidence.

I tend to clash with Pisces and Capricorns.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-22-18)