ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 02-12-18, 05:12 PM

XxBmwM is on a distinguished road
Multivitamins and Other Supplements

I've been taking a multivitamin at night to avoid it having an impact on my Adderall absorption; it contains vitamin c and citric acid as an inactive ingredient. The problem is, I believe, that it makes my insomnia worse given that I haven't been sleeping well. I also supplement with Magnesium glycinate and riboflavin (vitamin b2) in the evening as well to help prevent tension headaches.

I guess, I can never win in life; I spend way too much time thinking about these things and whether or not my medication is working properly. Whatevs.

What time do you folks take you multivitamins? The brand I take is the Kirkland brand from Costco in the gummy form.

I could just discontinue use, but vitamins are crucial neurotransmitter production and process.
Old 02-12-18, 05:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,190 Times in 2,967 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multivitamins and Other Supplements

I would always recommend taking a multi vitamin in the morning. The nutrients are there to help you get through your day, you're giving your body unnecessary fuel at night.

Try to avoid eating anything past the evening time as well, you should notice steady improvements to your sleep cycles after several days.
Old 02-12-18, 05:57 PM

XxBmwM is on a distinguished road
Very good point; thank you. Would you say itís better to take it maybe a couple hours after my first adderall dose? Wouldnít the vitamin c and Citric acid cancel out the Adderall?

Last edited by namazu; 02-12-18 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: merged duplicate posts
Sponsored Links