ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-17, 12:29 AM

limitless90 is on a distinguished road
Speedball medication for ADHD and multisubstanceabuse

Hi from germany
I didn't find anything helpful in german forums and I don't know anyone besides myself getting the combination of Buprenorphin +Dexamphetamine (Attentin in germany, only off-lable, = Dexedrine IR)... I am 27 years old and suffer(ed) from depression,eating disorders, anxiety since I was 17 + addiction (5 years daily valium 50-80mg, amphetamine, koka, morphine, Rcs, Alcohol...) and let's just say I wasted and destroyed myself and everything around me during the last years. After maybe 10 withdrawals (2-3 weeks each in different hospitals), 2 rehabilitations (5 months and 4 months), 2 probations, wasting a lot of money, giving up a studium in psychology and a lot of other bllsht I finally found help.... I was diagnosed ADD as a child and took Ritalin. Stopped at the age of 18, dunno why...I guess I was only abusing it^^

My last stop in a Rehab was 2 years ago and the doc (who has been my savior...) made the suggestion tyring buprenorphine in substitution program to keep me away from alc, 5 other substances at this time and stopping this circle .. It worked pretty well but my key problem , the ADHD was still here. I found a psychiatrist giving me a chance with dexamphetamine 1 1/2 years ago and with this medication (and only with this medication) I am now able to study, doing sports (1-2 hours Tennis everyday), enjoy life and have a complete different sight of pretty much everything in my life....

I as a drug abuser and in substitution program only get my medication for 3/4 days (take home, only if one doesn't consume or drink besides the prescribed medication. if u do consume anything else u have to get your meds every day what is rly fckd up and a half time job^^) .

Well, I could have spent the last years way better if I had the Attentin prescribed or even if s.o would have told me that the ADD is the problem and everything else a bad self medication and destruction.... but I am thankful for the experiences I've made and what I've been through made me what I am now, what I think is a really special person (no, not conceited, far away....) with a constant recovery since 2 years.

Why do I write this?

Coz I want people who medicate theirself with drugs/Alc and suffer from comobrbidities to not do the same as I did... Talk honestly to a doctor and get your ADD treated the way it's ment to be treated (in germany it's awful..doctors often have no idea about ADD, if u ever abused anything it's really hard to get stimulants.. Dexamphetamine made some doctors I was talking to just speachless ..some had to look up the substance....).
I have no one to talk about this here since I'm not the stereotype junkie in substitution program (high social layer, a good life, good education, loving parents + not lying to the docs only to deal my meds and get more....don't get me weong I don't judge anyone and I really like some of the perons I got to know through the program..) and my other social setting has nothing to do with drugs and besides my parents beeing psychiatrists nothing with mental disorders.... but read a lot in this forum and always liked it. It helped me to type this since I can't find any sleep and hoping maybe some of you read through this and want to leave a comment or may be helping me with a few questions...

Is there anyone on opiods + dexamph? How do you do with it?

I am prescribed buprenorphine 8mg/d and Dexedrine IR/Attentin 40-60mg/d. I take 4/4/2 subutex (the only one time dose before getting my meds to take home was hell for me) and Attentin 20/20/(20) (also had vyvanse + combinations).
In my last amfetamine binge 2+ years ago I took a permanent damage...an adrenal insufficiencie.. my body is no longer able to produce cortisol and will never be again... so I have to substitute Hydrocortisone 30-40mg/d.
My day/night rhytm now is pretty much ok, my nutrition is very good, sports dayli , no alc, no smoke.

Next is to kick the opiods but very very slowly
As I have to substitute Cortisol as the stress hormone and taking Amfetamine on a dayli basis (for a healthy person taking amph provoces a release of Cortisol in your body) + the buprenorphine I have to keep close to psychiatrist/endocrinolog (dunno the word sorry..) and substitution doc and really be careful with my health.
I'm often not sure if I'm doing the intake of my meds correctly..all the doctors told me there is no one they no like me and besides checking my EKG/blood ... and taking the meds everyday the same time to keep routine I had/have to figure out myself who to keep stable and have a life worth living again
So thanks for reading and thanks for any comment or any help.
bb from cold germany

Last edited by sarahsweets; 12-22-17 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: added paragraph breaks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to limitless90 For This Useful Post:
aeon (12-15-17), Emre22 (12-15-17)
Old 12-15-17, 04:01 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really niceEmre22 is just really nice
Re: Speedball medication for ADHD and multisubstanceabuse

You have heart breaking story i am glad to hear that you are back in the life again

i had similar short period like yours in the past

but i havent gone that far ( coco and opiods)
i searched about legal herbs,highs etc. instead of looking for illegal street drugs
i had horrible experience with nutmeg i was near to lost my mind.(i smoked marijuana after that i looked for stronger psychedelics), i also i was drinking alcohol everyday
i am sorry to hear that you have an irreversible damage
it was 3 years ago when my pscyhatrist prescribed wellbutrin&concerta first time, we tried SSRIs/SNRIs and they didnt work for me . I abused substances just like you during that
I remember that when i got my prescription first time ( my inner voice was saying hell yes i got my legal cocaine this combination NDRI and Methylphenidate), but after time i realized that this medicines work good for me and i never thought about trying recreational drugs again.

Btw it is first time i mention my substance abuse in past in forum

Last edited by Emre22; 12-15-17 at 04:18 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Batman55 (12-16-17), limitless90 (12-15-17)
Old 12-15-17, 02:50 PM

limitless90 is on a distinguished road

Hi
thanks for your post. To be honest I was a bit nervous logging in and see reactions ;D
my first thought when I got the prescribtion of 30*20mg Attentin was "this is going to be a cool week" ... it ended after 4 days and nights, they were really great followed by ... u know ... psychotic Paranoia great Depression and yeah once I found that not abusing it made much more sense and really gives a Chance to take some steps in the right diorection I forced myself by telling my doc to only give the prescriptions to a pharmacy where I only can get 160mg for 3-4 days. And I dunno how your dosage is but I think 50 mg Dexamphetamine /d is really enough even tio kill the craving if s.o. offered me sth else...
guess you have been through a lot of **** ..and I'm glad you are able to handle your medication. Do you get a complete month per prescribtion? when my doc was on vacation, I had to see another one and he did the mistake to not give me 20*5mg but 20*30mg--- I got Aware of it in the pharmacy and denied it (well I hated myself this evening but was a bit proud haha) .
It could be mostly coz of my adrenal insufficiencie and the substituition with hydrocortisone but does s.o also have some Troubles with blood sugar on dexedrine IR? Didn't feel like this was a concern when I took vyvanse....
Thanks again for your answer
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-17, 04:07 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,667 Times in 14,621 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitless90 View Post
I have no one to talk about this here since I'm not the stereotype junkie in substitution program (high social layer, a good life, good education, loving parents + not lying to the docs only to deal my meds and get more....don't get me weong I don't judge anyone and I really like some of the perons I got to know through the program..) and my other social setting has nothing to do with drugs and besides my parents beeing psychiatrists nothing with mental disorders.
Quote:
Is there anyone on opiods + dexamph? How do you do with it?
I am prescribed buprenorphine 8mg/d and Dexedrine IR/Attentin 40-60mg/d. I take 4/4/2 subutex (the only one time dose before getting my meds to take home was hell for me) and Attentin 20/20/(20) (also had vyvanse + combinations).
I have a few health issues and one of them sometimes requires pain medicine. I take adderall, dexedrine Ir and if need be 1 5mg oxycodone no more than twice a day (so 10mg) if necessary. If I take the pain medicine I do not drive anywhere and I do not take my adhd medicine, I dont take it daily and I only take it as a last resort. I have never been addicted to opiates so maybe thats what makes it easier for me. When you say you want to get off the opiates do you mean the suboxone?

Quote:
In my last amfetamine binge 2+ years ago I took a permanent damage...an adrenal insufficiencie.. my body is no longer able to produce cortisol and will never be again... so I have to substitute Hydrocortisone 30-40mg/
How did they discover that you damaged your body permanently? Was there a test they did?

I carried a watermelon?