ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-18, 02:11 PM

Pastelouma is on a distinguished road
Cool Newly diagnosed Aussie with ADHD and autism

Hi!
I'm newly diagnosed with Autism and ADHD the autism is something I've believed I've had for a while so loved getting diagnosed However was also surprised when the psychiatrist said it was quite clear I have ADHD as well which is something I had never given much thought to and now he has given me a script for dexamphetamine which I've just started yesterday and now I'm awake at 5 am because I can't sleep! Wanting to know if anybody has any advice for people newly diagnosed and newly starting dexamphetamine! I'm a girl in her 20's!
Old 02-16-18, 07:27 PM

Pinkyswear is on a distinguished road
Re: Newly diagnosed Aussie with ADHD and autism

Hello! I donít have advice on the Dex because I havenít taken it, but I did want to say welcome to the group! Lotís of great information here. . I take Adderall and have sleep issues as well. Itís common with stimulant medication.
Old 02-27-18, 10:45 AM

Vex187 will become famous soon enough
Re: Newly diagnosed Aussie with ADHD and autism

Hi!
Welcome, also an aussie with adhd & asd . With regards to the dex, i found that i cant have any caffeine at all and i'll have troubles sleeping if i take any dex after 3pm. Outside of taking too high dose or too late, the side effects usually wear off after a couple weeks. When i first started on dex the first dosage for the day made me fall asleep regardless of where i was or what doing, go figure lol. Brains are complex and weird i guess.

Theres some really good guides on these forums and online as to what to take alongside stimulants, things like cranberry juice/oj, vit c and some other supplements can help clear it out of your system if taken at night, and melatonin is a good non addictive sleep aid.
Sponsored Links