ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 02-22-18, 07:12 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,107 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future
Re: Fear of taking the first pill?!

There's many other great sources of information out there, YouTube has the channel "how to adhd" there is amazing info there on a huge variety of tools to help manage. There are many more great resources as well like additude magazine, and anything from dr. Russell Barkley
Old 02-22-18, 07:21 AM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all

The psych told me that he did not describe me a placebo, so it's normal that i notice things ;-))) And he told me that i don't need to worry about the dose (36 mg) being too high and that it's way too soon after 4 days to tell how it will work out. So i'll continu with this until our next appointment in 2 weeks. And will do more investigation on this board! I'm a bit emotional today, not as in crying but as in feeling so much gratitude for people being here for me today XXX
Old 02-23-18, 07:26 AM
ADDvanced Member

Kaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to allKaia.S is a name known to all

Day 5... i'm getting a little more used to the feeling. I came to realise that i didn't completely surrender yet to the choice of taking the medication, out of fear and expectations. When i do things, the positive effects are there (more effortless focus, less cloudy) and i feel more 'normal', but when i go in my old patterns (letting hours pass by doing 'nothing') the mind starts to overthink having chemicals in the body.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-18, 05:58 AM
ADDvanced Member

Day 12... for some days experiencing enlargement of ad(h)d symptoms like irritability and stress like feelings, vaping all day, more tired/sleep again and i can even nap on it. I don't know what this could mean? But i'll keep on going until next Thursday.
Old 03-02-18, 10:38 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,355 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Hi Kaia, So how well is it treating each of your symptoms? Any still need improvement? Lingering side-effects and are they improving? Do you have a goal for how long the symptoms should be addressed. For me I want 12 hours daily to address each symptom "adequately" w/ acceptable side-effects. -LN

PS Nunya is an OK response to my questions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-02-18), Kaia.S (03-02-18), Little Missy (03-02-18)
Old 03-02-18, 03:17 PM
ADDvanced Member

I had to look up what nunya means ;-) But your questions are helpful Little Nut, so thank you!

Best improvement is that my thoughts are more light, as in less depressing and less overal, especially after 2 hours. And that i'm less distracted and less cloudy (or it's a different cloud at least), yet more able to keep the focus on things... that is when i can get them started :roll eyes: i'm more enthusiastic overal but still can spend hours doing 'nothing', p.e. if i don't have any appointments. Today the side effects were less than yesterday, and i don't even know if those are side effects, because they feel familiar as in my worse adhd symptoms?

It's a good idea to set a goal for how long the symptoms should be addressed. My psych wanted me to stay on this dose for 3 weeks to see how things work out and then come to see him again. My mind is going from 'i need more' (followed by fear related to former addictions) to 'i don't know if this is what is need' to not being able to discern properly because i'm very sensitive to suggestive thinking and being on meds is a new experience.
Old 03-04-18, 07:46 AM
ADDvanced Member

Day 14... yesterday i was totally the add part again, i took the meds late in the morning because i slept too long, not being able to get myself to do things, even napping in the afternoon, in the evening slow thinking during a conversation over the phone (while the night before i was okay and bright) and it took me hours to make a simple schedule for next week to focus on (and i did it only because i was told to do so ;-(. And i vape a lot ;-(((

There are some things that puzzle me now:

1. The meds don't seem to stabilise me, it still differs from day to day?

2. Also this morning, i found a whole pill in the toilet, it turned orange but was still hard (lol sorry for the dirty details), i've read that the pill can still be seen as whole but is this normal or could it explain my 'off' day yesterday?

3. I find it so hard what to tell the psych on thursday... i just don't know very well what the meds are doing for me... there are some + sides especially after the first 2 hours, but also worse or not improved adhd symptoms and what could that mean?

4. To be honest, i like the feeling when i notice the meds working as in stimulating me (more positive about my day, less unproductive thinking), and i want more of that, but i don't know from which place this voice is coming... blaming myself that as a former party drug user i'm not allowed to feel good? Or is this how normal people feel, can i give myself permission to want this?

5. I don't like zoning out. Maybe i haven't tried hard enough to keep myself going, too much expectations on the meds to do the work for me, like i've read somewhere on this forum i still have troubles being responsible myself for how my day is going, so that's why i made a schedule, to experiment with how it's working out when i get myself going, especially on days when i'm alone without a plan.
Old 03-04-18, 02:31 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,591 Times in 15,090 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Kaia.S;1987503]Day 14... yesterday i was totally the add part again, i took the meds late in the morning because i slept too long, not being able to get myself to do things, even napping in the afternoon, in the evening slow thinking during a conversation over the phone (while the night before i was okay and bright) and it took me hours to make a simple schedule for next week to focus on (and i did it only because i was told to do so ;-(. And i vape a lot ;-(((

There are some things that puzzle me now:

Quote:
1. The meds don't seem to stabilise me, it still differs from day to day?
This is called life- with all the variables in place it can be like this sometimes.

Quote:
2. Also this morning, i found a whole pill in the toilet, it turned orange but was still hard (lol sorry for the dirty details), i've read that the pill can still be seen as whole but is this normal or could it explain my 'off' day yesterday?
Do you mean that.....you pooped out a whole pill?

Quote:
3. I find it so hard what to tell the psych on thursday... i just don't know very well what the meds are doing for me... there are some + sides especially after the first 2 hours, but also worse or not improved adhd symptoms and what could that mean?
Ill have to look above and find out what you are on, dose, frequency.

Quote:
4. To be honest, i like the feeling when i notice the meds working as in stimulating me (more positive about my day, less unproductive thinking), and i want more of that, but i don't know from which place this voice is coming... blaming myself that as a former party drug user i'm not allowed to feel good? Or is this how normal people feel, can i give myself permission to want this?
Of course you can want it. But chasing it will get you in trouble. You arent supposed to evaluate the meds by how you feel but by how many of your impairments are controlled.

Quote:
5. I don't like zoning out. Maybe i haven't tried hard enough to keep myself going, too much expectations on the meds to do the work for me, like i've read somewhere on this forum i still have troubles being responsible myself for how my day is going, so that's why i made a schedule, to experiment with how it's working out when i get myself going, especially on days when i'm alone without a plan.
Zoning out happens. Meds dont fix everything.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (03-04-18)
Old 03-04-18, 05:23 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

Do you mean that.....you pooped out a whole pill?

Ill have to look above and find out what you are on, dose, frequency.

Of course you can want it. But chasing it will get you in trouble. You arent supposed to evaluate the meds by how you feel but by how many of your impairments are controlled.

Zoning out happens. Meds dont fix everything.
Yes i pooped out a whole pill

I'm on methylfenidaat sandoz retard 36 mg once a day. This afternoon i got very tired at once, fell asleep on the couch for about 20 minutes, than woke up with a feeling like there was a sudden big release of the meds ('speedy feeling', not nice).

Thank you for bringing awareness on how to evaluate the meds, that helps a lot for my next visit to the psych... i suppose that this doesn't work very well for me then, it mostly makes me feel different
Old 03-04-18, 09:08 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,557 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Certain extended-release medications are excreted as a relatively-intact pill or shell.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (03-05-18)
Old 03-05-18, 06:06 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Certain extended-release medications are excreted as a relatively-intact pill or shell.

Cheers,
Ian
Only it's more absolute than relative... i kept it in a jar to prove it
Old 03-05-18, 07:05 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,591 Times in 15,090 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I think I might have missed this but are you on ritalin, concerta or something else? I went back to look but Im bleary this morning so I thought id ask. The reason being is, if its concerta, that is a hard pill that has a funky "osmotic" release mechanism so its possible that the whole pill came back out for a visit in your loo'

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (03-05-18)
Old 03-05-18, 10:17 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I think I might have missed this but are you on ritalin, concerta or something else? I went back to look but Im bleary this morning so I thought id ask. The reason being is, if its concerta, that is a hard pill that has a funky "osmotic" release mechanism so its possible that the whole pill came back out for a visit in your loo'
It''s like Concerta, but from a different brand. Yes it's a hard pill but it goes down easy
Old 03-05-18, 11:31 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,355 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

This is off my current recollection (for me means somewhere between fact and fancy and didn't double check). Some extended releases pills have an inert shell with a hole/perforation that sets the release rate of the med. Can't say if that is the case for Kaia or not. -LN
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
Kaia.S (03-05-18)
Old 03-05-18, 11:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
This is off my current recollection (for me means somewhere between fact and fancy and didn't double check). Some extended releases pills have an inert shell with a hole/perforation that sets the release rate of the med. Can't say if that is the case for Kaia or not. -LN
Yes there is a very tiny hole/perforation.

It says on the leaflet:
"Not all of the tablet dissolves after the medicine is given and sometimes the casing of the tablet can show up in the stool. This is normal."

But i did not expect it to still be the whole hard pill... so i guess the meds come out of the tiny hole and the hard shell stayes in tact sometimes and sometimes not