ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-18, 11:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,241 Times in 937 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
Re: ADD Linked With RMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I didn't realize restless legs at bedtime were unusual until my hubs complained
about them. I don't think he minded the legs so much as that I would toss and
turn my whole body until I finally fell asleep.
If I understand correctly...

Restless leg syndrome occurs before we fall asleep?

RMD occurs as we fall asleep and/or after we fall asleep, during NREM.(first stage)?

One of the other disorders mentioned occured during the third stage?

I wonder what about the stage of sleep the disorder occur, could help understand things better?

M
Old 02-25-18, 02:21 AM

Thanked 1,575 Times in 870 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

This is all very interesting! I had heard of RLS but not the others.

I've seen people start to use a cpap, which allows more oxygen to the brain, become much more "clear headed. People who can't get enough oxygen to the brain over time, can have serious issues. If someone has hypoxemia which is low levels of oxygen in the blood, none of the body is getting the correct amount of oxygen. People can appear to have delirium, dementia, depression,and anxiety so I'm sure ADHD is the mix too.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
mildadhd (02-25-18)
Old 02-25-18, 11:56 AM

Thanked 26,080 Times in 12,169 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyfound10 View Post
This is all very interesting! I had heard of RLS but not the others.

I've seen people start to use a cpap, which allows more oxygen to the brain, become much more "clear headed. People who can't get enough oxygen to the brain over time, can have serious issues. If someone has hypoxemia which is low levels of oxygen in the blood, none of the body is getting the correct amount of oxygen. People can appear to have delirium, dementia, depression,and anxiety so I'm sure ADHD is the mix too.
I have a pulse/oxygen meter that shows my oxygen levels are just fine during
the day. I wonder if there's a meter that can be worn while sleeping to record
oxygen levels during sleep?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links