ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 03-06-18, 12:49 AM

Sanchez2018 is on a distinguished road
Confused

Hey guys. I Was diagnosed with childhood ADHD when I was 8 or so, and the. Again with Adult ADHD in the past year . From the adult diagnosis I Was placed on generic Adderall. Did nothing for me. So I quit that with doctor giving ok. Was then placed on strattera and all that did was make my stomach burn or turn feeling. So I stopped that as well. Switched to a new doctor and he placed me on vyvanse. Went all the way up to 60mg. With each mg I felt great for the first couple hours and then o would be glued to my couch laying down with my phone Facebook etc for HOURS! Is that normal?

Also I have the Inattentive type, like Iím not hyper. However I can be here one moment and there the next. Iím really quiet and calm but canít focus. Is it possible that i couldíve been taking the wrong meds? And is there a true difference between the 2 types of ADHD? I am so confused to this. Itís effecting my relationships and home life and just outright concentration.
Old 03-06-18, 06:19 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,591 Times in 15,090 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Confused

You do not outgrow adhd so Im glad you didnt have any trouble with your doctor. What doses of the adderall did you have> Did you try multiple kinds? Im not a fan of stratterra so I can see why that gave you trouble. What dose of vyvanse are you on? whats your dosing schedule?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 03-06-18, 03:09 PM

Sanchez2018 is on a distinguished road

I was on a generic Adderall I think 30mg? And the vyvanse started at a low dose and went up to 60mg had a huge couch lock issue. Because Iím the inattentive type would Ritalin or Concerta be better. Iím not hyper at all.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-18, 03:30 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,591 Times in 15,090 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

What is couch lock>?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 03-06-18, 07:59 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,080 Times in 12,169 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Adderall generics are not the same, although some people do okay on them.
You could ask for a trial of name-brand Adderall.

Vyvanse isn't that different from Adderall. Maybe Ritalin or Concerta would work
better for you.

Strattera is not tops on the "I recommend this" list for adhd. Doesn't work for many.

Some of us (not a lot) have found that Omega 3 fish oil works well. That might
be worth trying.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 03-07-18, 11:43 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,355 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
What is couch lock>?
Stuck to couch (not moving from it) while focused on something. Normally watching the tube.... Mentally focused on one thing w/ minimal movement elsewhere.

Sanchez, You should have a list of ADHD symptoms you have and know how the "manifest" (donno rigt word) for you. So how well if at all did the Vyvanse treat each one of your symptoms at the different doses you tried?

As for your couch lock, I can get that if my dexedrine dose is somewhat too high. I can end up focusing on some small detail to try to resolve some minor problem for a long time. (Usually on my computer googling away.) If my dose is more than "somewhat too high" my focus gets worse and becomes a problem. -LN
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
namazu (03-07-18)