ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 05-21-18, 04:33 AM

Thinklikealice is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Any connection between feminine discomfort and Adderall XR?

For the past several weeks, I have been experiencing feminine discomfort. I.e excessive itching and abnormal discharge. Sometimes the discharge is clear, other times itís cream in color. It is always excessive and watery though. Ussually is get a bit of milk white and sticky discharge by the end of the day but thatís it.

Iíve seen my doctor twice. Sheís done a pap and testing both times. Both times all infection and std (which was pretty much unnecessary Due to my virginity status) came back negative. She said itís probably just a imbalance of all the feminine bacteria and hormones. She suggested trying a probiotic to put some More good bacteria in me. Iíve been doing some reading on what can cause imbalances that result in itching and discharge. The obvious results were infections and new to me was life style changes and medications.

I started taking Adderall earlier this year. Probably late July or early February. My psychiatrist has slowly increased the dosage until we have found a dosage that works the way we want it to. I was looking through my calendar and my prescription history, the start of the feminine discomfort coincides with when I started taking the 30mg dosage in April. Iíve since been upped to 40mg and the discomfort has not subsided. The only change in my life when the discomfort began is adderall changes.

Is Adderall causing this, has anyone else fealty with this, does anyone have anything they would recommend? Anti-itch creams only work for a few days until they donít do anything. Same with coconut oil. Iíve just been rotating through them every few days for nearly a month now. Please help me!
Old 05-21-18, 08:26 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,723 Times in 12,001 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any connection between feminine discomfort and Adderall XR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinklikealice View Post
For the past several weeks, I have been experiencing feminine discomfort. I.e excessive itching and abnormal discharge. Sometimes the discharge is clear, other times itís cream in color. It is always excessive and watery though. Ussually is get a bit of milk white and sticky discharge by the end of the day but thatís it.

Iíve seen my doctor twice. Sheís done a pap and testing both times. Both times all infection and std (which was pretty much unnecessary Due to my virginity status) came back negative. She said itís probably just a imbalance of all the feminine bacteria and hormones. She suggested trying a probiotic to put some More good bacteria in me. Iíve been doing some reading on what can cause imbalances that result in itching and discharge. The obvious results were infections and new to me was life style changes and medications.

I started taking Adderall earlier this year. Probably late July or early February. My psychiatrist has slowly increased the dosage until we have found a dosage that works the way we want it to. I was looking through my calendar and my prescription history, the start of the feminine discomfort coincides with when I started taking the 30mg dosage in April. Iíve since been upped to 40mg and the discomfort has not subsided. The only change in my life when the discomfort began is adderall changes.

Is Adderall causing this, has anyone else fealty with this, does anyone have anything they would recommend? Anti-itch creams only work for a few days until they donít do anything. Same with coconut oil. Iíve just been rotating through them every few days for nearly a month now. Please help me!
This isn't listed as a side effect for Adderall at drugs dog com (my go-to for info).

Sounds good to give the probiotics a try, and since you're not pregnant also try
an estrogen cream (made from plants) to help balance your hormones.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 05-21-18, 08:53 AM
Jr Member

Minkyboodle86 has a spectacular aura aboutMinkyboodle86 has a spectacular aura about

Itís not unlikely that the adderall could be causing your discomfort. I feel my personal hormonal fluctuations influence how the medicine is metabolized and defiantly can tell that itís less effective during my monthly cycle. The discomfort could be a result of the increased dopamine/noradrenaline, changing your bodyís natural PH and also an increase in sweat production in that area as well as increased blood flow and mild dehydration. Is it possibly discomfort due to a yeast infection? The local pharmacy has testing strips to check your PH down there and you could always just treat for a yeast infection with something like monistat which I doubt would cause any increased discomfort, but Iím also not a doctor so perhaps itís something you could ask about. Those same brands sell creams for dryness and itching as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-18, 10:21 AM

Thinklikealice is on a distinguished road

Minky- it’s not a infection. I tested negative twice already.any itch cream I get only works for a few days at most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkyboodle86 View Post
It’s not unlikely that the adderall could be causing your discomfort. I feel my personal hormonal fluctuations influence how the medicine is metabolized and defiantly can tell that it’s less effective during my monthly cycle. The discomfort could be a result of the increased dopamine/noradrenaline, changing your body’s natural PH and also an increase in sweat production in that area as well as increased blood flow and mild dehydration. Is it possibly discomfort due to a yeast infection? The local pharmacy has testing strips to check your PH down there and you could always just treat for a yeast infection with something like monistat which I doubt would cause any increased discomfort, but I’m also not a doctor so perhaps it’s something you could ask about. Those same brands sell creams for dryness and itching as well.

Last edited by midnightstar; 05-21-18 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: fixing quote tags, no other edits
Old 05-21-18, 11:35 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,352 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

For some, starting on amphetamines, can change your diet, body weight, activity levels, sleeping patterns... Donno if that is true in your case and in-turn applicable here. Uncomfortable middle-aged guy hauls....heads to the exit. -LN
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (05-21-18)
Old 05-21-18, 03:11 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,978 Times in 14,785 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I say see your obgyn and dont leave until you have a plan of action.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-21-18, 05:23 PM

Thanked 33,868 Times in 15,317 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

how odd...it *sounds* like you could have a yeast infection, but i'm sure your gynecologist would test for that. hmm...i'm inclined to agree with sarah and say go back and don't leave without a plan.