ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 03-21-18, 01:04 PM

kwalsh44 is on a distinguished road
Label says Corepharma, pills look like Mylan

Hello,

I've been on generic Adderall for about a year, and so far I've only had experience with the Teva 30 mg tablets.

Today, I filled my script at a local pharmacy instead of the Walgreens I usually use, and I noticed the label on my rx bottle had Corepharma listed as the manufacturer. However, the pills are a light orange color with M A30 printed on one side. From what I've gathered, these are from Mylan, not Corepharma.

It seems almost certain that the label is wrong, but I just wanted to run this by the knowledgeable community here to be absolutely sure. Is it possible that the pharmacy got this wrong, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry if this has been covered, I couldn't find anything from searching.
Old 03-21-18, 05:41 PM
Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Label says Corepharma, pills look like Mylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalsh44 View Post
Hello,

I've been on generic Adderall for about a year, and so far I've only had experience with the Teva 30 mg tablets.

Today, I filled my script at a local pharmacy instead of the Walgreens I usually use, and I noticed the label on my rx bottle had Corepharma listed as the manufacturer. However, the pills are a light orange color with M A30 printed on one side. From what I've gathered, these are from Mylan, not Corepharma.

It seems almost certain that the label is wrong, but I just wanted to run this by the knowledgeable community here to be absolutely sure. Is it possible that the pharmacy got this wrong, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry if this has been covered, I couldn't find anything from searching.
The pills are imprinted with M A30. According to online search, that is indeed Mylan. I'm not sure why the label would print it as Corepharma. But there's no way that a Corepharma manufacturing plant would accidentally put the wrong company's imprint on their pills!
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
kwalsh44 (03-21-18)
Old 03-21-18, 05:54 PM

kwalsh44 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesH View Post
The pills are imprinted with M A30. According to online search, that is indeed Mylan. I'm not sure why the label would print it as Corepharma. But there's no way that a Corepharma manufacturing plant would accidentally put the wrong company's imprint on their pills!
Yeah, Iím not even sure why I doubted it, apart from not knowing what the pills looked like until today. I think the pharmacy probably carried Corepharma until recently, but I donít much, or anything, about the label-printing process.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-18, 07:35 PM
Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalsh44 View Post
Yeah, Iím not even sure why I doubted it, apart from not knowing what the pills looked like until today. I think the pharmacy probably carried Corepharma until recently, but I donít much, or anything, about the label-printing process.
Thanks!
Well, the field of healthcare is so convoluted, so it's worth double checking! Who knows, maybe Corepharma secretly bought out Mylan! Or maybe Mylan sold/contracted its generic Adderall to Corepharma.

For the pharmacy's sake, it might be helpful for them it you point out the apparent error next time you see them. Just in case there might be a serious problem with their operations that could lead to future safety issues for other patients.
The Following User Says Thank You to CharlesH For This Useful Post:
Little Nut (03-22-18)