ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-18, 05:14 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,633 Times in 15,114 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
anyone familiar with trees falling/fences crushing homeowners insurance type stuff?

In case you didnt see:

Commercial Photography

Commercial Photography

Now as far as we know the apple tree is ours, so no problem. We have lived next to these neighbors for 14 years and the fence has always been an issue. I think its technically theirs but we have always been the one to fix it because we have dogs. We dont like enemies with our neighbors so we have just gone and done it. Over the years the mom has mentioned fixing the fence but then blaming the husband for not getting to it. We have wanted to fix the whole fence line panel by panel because it goes from wood panels, to chain link, to bendy chain so its like three different fences. And we were willing to eat the cost. Now that this has happened Im wondering what can be done.

When Jake went outside yesterday to prop the fallen piece she said they would help cut the tree up with us if the could have some of the wood(awesome idea, no issues here we both have chain saws). And she said something along the lines of "what to do with the fence" and jake said we would talk about that another time.

I was thinking, if they were willing to split the cost of materials for panels all the way up the one side and Jake and Mark did the work, it wouldnt be so bad. Each panel is 20-30$ and my rough guess would be like 15 panels. Also poles to support them and concrete. Hubby has the post hole digger and all the tools. A fence company gave us an estimate once for one side and it was like 8000$ so I think this is a good deal. They wouldnt have to do any of the work. The fence slats have been replaced by us and they have rigged it from their side with clothes line and we have never once complained. Im thinking this could end up being a good thing for both of us. What do you all think?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 03-08-18, 08:43 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,011 Times in 2,065 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: anyone familiar with trees falling/fences crushing homeowners insurance type stuf

Since the apple tree was yours and it fell on the fence, regardless of who owned the fence, you are the one that has to cover the cost.

I'm not sure of a couple of things. One, if you claim the cost, would you insurance price go up next year. Two, if your deductible is high, it wouldn't be financially worth it to go through your insurance. Three is if your neighbors fence, if insurance would cover it. Can you ask your insurance agent?

I guess this post isn't all that much help.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-08-18)
Old 03-08-18, 12:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,088 Times in 12,175 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: anyone familiar with trees falling/fences crushing homeowners insurance type stuf

Totally different situation for me. My daughter and I own our mobile home, but
we rent the lot it sits on. Big dead tree at the back of the house that the park
owner was afraid to take down himself but apparently didn't want to pay for a
professional to take out.

So ... big wind, BAM, tree comes down on our house. Our insurance worked
with the park owner to decide who had how much responsibility each. I don't
think we even had to pay the deductable, I think the park owner did that so
we wouldn't sue him. Sorry, no help to you.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links