ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-18, 01:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,638 Times in 5,750 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

I got roasted at the beach yesterday even tho.I put on sunscreen been using lots of aloe
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-06-18)
Old 08-06-18, 05:20 PM

Thanked 5,717 Times in 2,448 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
We get that kind of heat a lot here, and yeah, it does affect people.
Makes them cranky, grumpy, short tempered, probably sad as well.

Kind of like during the holiday season, but it lasts from June through August.
A lot of us spend our days dashing from one air conditioned environment to
another.

I will never forget the time I had to change a car tire when the temp was over
100 F. I just kept rolling on the flat until I found some shade to change it. And
then I sat there a bit while the lug nuts cooled down a little.
Tomorrow it's going to be 100 here, which is really ridiculously hot for the Netherlands. Very close to the hottest it ever got in this country.
Old 08-06-18, 06:18 PM

Thanked 25,723 Times in 12,001 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
Tomorrow it's going to be 100 here, which is really ridiculously hot for the Netherlands. Very close to the hottest it ever got in this country.
Do you have any air conditioning? I hope you can stay cool and hydrated.
It's easy to get de-hydrated in that heat and get very sick.
I've had heat exhaustion twice and cannot tolerate the heat now.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-18, 11:57 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,758 Times in 7,353 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

So I never went to bed last night...though I did get about 2 hours of sleep this morning.
Holy heck am I tired!
I'm SUPER looking forward to bed tonight. Gonna go turn off all my electronics here in 10 minutes and go hang out on my bed for an hour if I can make it that long. I have a research paper I'm working on (due tomorrow...but it wont be done haha...it's okay though. SO not beating myself up on needing another couple of days to finish it up)...or maybe read a bit of a book.
At any rate, I cant wait to drift off to sleep and get back into my strict sleeping routine I've been pushing myself into these past few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Also I have to do a bunch of "adult" things tomorrow. Pay bills and gather up some paperwork, and make some important phone calls to set up some appointments, and take in some prescriptions to be filled.
Okay, so I didn't get very many of these things done today. Just a few.
And by a "few" I'm totally lying because I only got 1 of those 'adult' things done! lol
But hey! At least it was the most important of the adult things I needed to get done!
I just didn't have it in me today. No sleep and stuff. Didn't take my adderall either today...I planned on just letting today be a loss...so didn't see a point in medicating myself for the day. I just sat around trying to keep my eyelids open.

Also, I feel like a complete stranger here.
I've changed quite a lot in the past couple of months. I'm not sure if I like it. Some of it I like...some of it I don't.
Change is weird lol.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (08-07-18), Lunacie (08-07-18), peripatetic (08-07-18)
Old 08-07-18, 09:19 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Man...last night was freaking amazing. I did wake up twice...but I didn't actually have to get up to use the bathroom at all. I got at least 8 hours of good solid sleep though.
It wasn't enough...I could've easily have slept for another 4 or 5 hours I think. But I haven't been dragging today, so it must've been enough!

Finally got to meet up with a lady that will be working with me to prepare for employment today. I'm planning on becoming employed within the next 2 months...and what's more, this lady worked over 20 years at the place I'd like to become employed at so she can really help me get my foot in the door she thinks.

It went great. I think she really likes me . I can be quite charming, and I was on top of things today.

But omg I'm fat guys. /sigh
I'm at the point once again where I'm having a tough time just walking around short distances.
It f'ing sucks being at this point. I know at least a few people here on these forums can relate.
Luckily I know from experience that it really doesn't take a TON of work/effort/weight loss to be able to move around more freely.
I just need to stop eating out so much. It gets so f'ing easy to eat out. I need to go get groceries.

Also, I owe my f'ing landlord $150'ish in electricity from the past year. I forgot we get checked on our usage once a year like this...I've never owed money before so just don't think about it.
I can NOT afford that. That's like my entire month's amount of food I have right now.
I hate doing it...but I think I'm going to have to give my dad a call. See if he can help.
He'll be happy to help...no doubt...it's just I've really enjoyed not having to rely on him for money these past months.
Maybe I'll set it up with him where I'll only accept his help if he lets me pay him back slowly over several months or something.
I really do love my dad despite what I ever say.

Got more 'adult' stuff done today.
Also did a pretty good research paper done on Autism today and presented it to my group. I was pretty proud of it...especially considering that I'd only started working on it 2 hours before group started .

And my darn pill lady (who I actually LOVE!) messed my adderall prescription up and I didn't notice till I went to go drop the paper prescription off. She has me down for taking the pills just twice a day...when it should be 3 times a day like it's been for months now. /grrrrr...so now I need to get her to write out new prescriptions and I'll have to drive 30 miles to go pick them up (she works in a town 30 miles away).
Not sure I have enough pills to get through though. And that makes me anxious.

Ah well. A lot of things are going well and looking up or me in life. But there's still a never ending amount of things I need to work on.
I'm so fat atm. It's making me sick.
Doesn't help that I've gt medical issues that are making me feel exhausted and screwing with my motivation.
Doesn't help that I have ADD that adds even more issues with motivation and energy haha.
/sigh
Yes I'm throwing a bit of a pity part for myself. And I'm okay with that!
I've been pushing myself pretty hard this summer. I've really grown. I may have a decent future yet!
I deserve to have moments where I need to lick my wounds once in awhile . I deserve it dang it! This changing stuff is hard work!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-07-18)
Old 08-07-18, 09:44 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

psycho bubby
Yay for the Zzz's and the austism presentation!
I hear ya on the extra money.

We just got a letter saying our mobile home park has been sold.
Lot rent's going up and we'll have to start paying for water and trash ourselves.
It's quite an increase all together.

This is day 3 of a migraine, worst day so far.
I was hoping the new stuff I'm taking was going to help.
It's a combination of Feverfew and Bitterburr, both have a long history of
helping prevent migraines. Maybe I haven't been taking it long enough.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-07-18), peripatetic (08-07-18), psychopathetic (08-07-18)
Old 08-07-18, 09:48 PM

Oh Lun-Luns I'm so sorry.
People like you with such big hearts shouldn't have to suffer. /cry

(((Gramma Lunsy)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Lunacie (08-08-18)
Old 08-08-18, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Oh Lun-Luns I'm so sorry.
People like you with such big hearts shouldn't have to suffer. /cry

(((Gramma Lunsy)))
I think maybe it's the suffering that makes us more empathetic to others.
People who rarely feel pain don't understand how it makes other people feel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (08-08-18), Rebelyell (08-09-18)
Old 08-08-18, 11:34 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,449 Times in 13,259 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

(((((Funacie and psycho)))))
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-08-18), psychopathetic (08-08-18)
Old 08-08-18, 12:28 PM

((((((((((((((Mid-Mids & Tig Tigs too))))))))))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

midnightstar (08-08-18)
Old 08-08-18, 03:10 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

I am going to read Der Verlust des Mitgefühls(Arno Gruen), i have been enjoying summer holiday, got a lot of time to read. My psychatrist suggested me some books in order make me gain some awareness. I finished reading Our inner conflicts ( Karen Horney) few weeks ago. Also i read other books which interests me like, Prince(Niccolo Machiavelli) already finished reading. I am going to start reading Capitalism and Freedom (Milton Friedman) today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-09-18)
Old 08-09-18, 11:34 AM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

My knees and feet have been hurting me badly currently going to pt have orthotics n take Motrin but not much seems to be helping.tired of being in a constant state of pain n discomfort its wearing me down.:-(
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (08-09-18)
Old 08-09-18, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
My knees and feet have been hurting me badly currently going to pt have orthotics n take Motrin but not much seems to be helping.tired of being in a constant state of pain n discomfort its wearing me down.:-(
Chronic pain is very wearing. I have herniated disk in lower back pain, migraine pain. Hope the orthotics will help with your pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (08-09-18)
Old 08-09-18, 02:07 PM

I had a Dr that prescribed opiates I only took 4 a week gf/fiance thought Dr was just using my insurance cause I was going 2 years wasn't helping so I found new Dr.this Dr won't prescribe any narcotics.:-( motrin don't do shiznit for me anymore.
Old 08-09-18, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I had a Dr that prescribed opiates I only took 4 a week gf/fiance thought Dr was just using my insurance cause I was going 2 years wasn't helping so I found new Dr.this Dr won't prescribe any narcotics.:-( motrin don't do shiznit for me anymore.
Norco does help with my migraines. The PA will prescribe it for me as long as I don't refill too often. Not sure the doctor would have.

Last edited by midnightstar; 08-09-18 at 04:05 PM..