ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-18, 09:52 PM
ADDvanced Member

electrogen is a jewel in the roughelectrogen is a jewel in the roughelectrogen is a jewel in the rough
Self Injury

Hello its been a whike since i posted in here so will give brief inteo. Was diagnosed adhd and asd in 2013, been on concerta xl since, now on 36mg 4 daily. Have a good job since july last year and 2 children.
I used to cut myself many moons ago but in last few months to years have started burning myself with whatever i can find that burns. I currently have a 3rd degree burn on back of hand that i burned last friday night. Im planning on going walk in tomorrow as its only time i coukd go till now due to working nights, im planning on coming clean to them and saying its self inflicted and its not first time but im worried that i will get sectioned or lose my job or both, there was no reason to burn myself other than pure boredom, something to do at the time.
Im sorry if this isnt the place for this sort of thing but im not sure what to do any more,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to electrogen For This Useful Post:
finallyfound10 (05-10-18), midnightstar (05-10-18), peripatetic (05-09-18), PoppnNSailinMan (05-09-18)
Old 05-09-18, 09:56 PM

Thanked 34,026 Times in 15,406 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Self Injury

I think you need some help. Do you have a therapist? I doubt you'll get sectioned for self injury, but you might. To reduce the odds of that, I would prepare to go in voluntarily if they want to insist. That should help with your job.

It's huge that you're reaching out for help. I'm glad you posted.

Have you done anything to care for the wound(s)?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
finallyfound10 (05-10-18), midnightstar (05-10-18)
Old 05-09-18, 10:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

electrogen is a jewel in the roughelectrogen is a jewel in the roughelectrogen is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post

Have you done anything to care for the wound(s)?
Yes i have put gauze and petroleum jelly on wrapped in bandage.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to electrogen For This Useful Post:
finallyfound10 (05-10-18), midnightstar (05-10-18), peripatetic (05-09-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-18, 11:11 PM

Thanked 34,026 Times in 15,406 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

There's a burn spray that dries out the wound that you might try to find until you can get in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
finallyfound10 (05-10-18), midnightstar (05-10-18)
Old 05-11-18, 04:38 PM

foreverbeach11 is on a distinguished road

Hi electrogen. I hope you were able to get in to see a doctor about your hand. I am glad you are taking care of it because you want it to heal. Have you considered seeking professional help? Maybe a professional counselor will be able to help you find ways to not do self harm when you are feeling like you should. There are some great resources that maybe you might consider reviewing: search for "When Your Skin Becomes the Canvas for your Pain". Thank you for reaching out for support. Wishing you the best.

Last edited by namazu; 05-11-18 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Removed link to commercial website, per ADDF guidelines.