ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Recipes > Desserts/Snacks
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-05, 03:42 AM

Stephanie is on a distinguished road
Coconut-Buttermilk-Pie

quick, easy, delicious - and not much to clean up afterwards :-)

preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F) using air circulation.

4 cups of flour
4 cups of sugar
2 cups of buttermilk
4 eggs
1 package of vanilla-sugar (1 tablespoon)
1 package of backing powder

Mix all ingredients and pour the dough onto a backing tray - the sides shouldn't be too low. Bake the cake for about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile melt 150 grams (5.3 ounces) of butter and mix it with 3 tablespoons of sugar. Pour it over the still hot cake and spread it well - works quite good with a brush. As long as the butter is liquid, strew some coconut rasps on top.
When I am an old woman I shall wear purple with a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me, and I shall spend my pension on summer gloves and satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter. I shall go out in my slippers in the rain and pick the flowers in other people's gardens and learn to spit.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now? So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised when suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

excerpt from "Warning" by Jenny Joseph