ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-18, 06:33 PM

asalem is on a distinguished road
How do you cope

I have a hard time performing a task or set of tasks for a long time without getting a brain fog and feeling down. This problem recoccurs at work everyday.I feel down and subjugated to the long work schedule. If I need a coffee I have to wait for break time or sometimes on break, I don't have time to make one. It doesn't help that I am terrible at managing time. Another problem I have is I am indecisive. A example is if my mom calls me to visit her and the family tonight, I might know if I want to get out of my comfort zone to go see them at this moment. If I say yes I might regret the decision on my way. And if I say no, a few moments later, I feel like I missed out. Then I call her again and tell her I am coming. Sometimes I'll get change my mind a 3rd time.

I really really feel like I have the worst case of ADHD. I can't control it. I get bored easy. I can't sit still. I never know what I want. I can't manage time. I procrastinate and act impulsive.

I have tried EVERYTHING in my disposal to get better. I keep going from job to job and today as I was driving. I got this distressed feeling that I will never stay in a job longer than a 7 months. That's my longest streak. And I am 27 years old. I don't have a penny saved. I don't have insurance. I have telling myself for the past 7 years I will get diagnosed and get help. But to no avail. I don't even know where to start.

I need step by step on how to change. I need life changing moments. I am not giving up. Thanks for hearing me. I really needed to vent today. Things are going too good on my life but I am not complaining. Just need advice. Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asalem For This Useful Post:
Hyperman87 (09-11-18), Little Missy (09-03-18)
Old 09-03-18, 06:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,257 Times in 11,388 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do you cope

Gawd, we all need advice!

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 09-03-18, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Gawd, we all need advice!
Sometimes I feel like I got a bad case of ADHD. I hope not. What you think? What are ways you cope? Maybe I am not doing things right. I have tried everything from writing things down to quitting cigerattes and eating healthy. I have a phobia of pills so maybe medicine isn't a option.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-18, 09:24 PM

Thanked 21,257 Times in 11,388 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a coper, I'm loud and only good for three hours at a time.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 09-03-18, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I'm not a coper, I'm loud and only good for three hours at a time.
Anyone else with a better input?
Old 09-04-18, 02:26 PM

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,995 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Do you think you can get over your phobia of pills and try meds? They are supposed to be the #1 thing that improves ADHD symptoms (if they work for you).

What type of jobs are you doing and do you think they are the right types for you? Do you love the work that you do in the beginning and then just get bored or were the jobs always just to make ends meet even in the beginning and then become unbearable after a while?

My cousin who I'm pretty sure is undiagnosed ADHD works for Boeing. He always gets bored very quickly. Instead of quitting, he goes from one job within Boeing to another one. It actually builds his resume this way cause he becomes much more well rounded. And he looks extremely loyal cause he's always stayed with a single company. Would something like that work for you? Or a job where you do many different things.

My job did not require me to take breaks at set times. Many jobs are like that.

Do you make good friends at work? Are you the type that feels good helping others and if so, does your job involve helping others on a one on one basis? Things at work that aren't the actual work itself can help to make things less boring/unbearable.

I think we should not only think about how to improve ourselves but how we can improve our environment to make it better suited for us (so our weaknesses don't matter as much).

As far as your indecisiveness goes, is that really due to ADHD? I read somewhere that your gut feeling is usually the right one so if you calm yourself while making a decision, your first choice if you listen to your heart is usually the right one. Do you think that is true for you?

Last edited by acdc01; 09-04-18 at 02:36 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
asalem (09-04-18)
Old 09-04-18, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Do you think you can get over your phobia of pills and try meds? They are supposed to be the #1 thing that improves ADHD symptoms (if they work for you).

What type of jobs are you doing and do you think they are the right types for you? Do you love the work that you do in the beginning and then just get bored or were the jobs always just to make ends meet even in the beginning and then become unbearable after a while?

My cousin who I'm pretty sure is undiagnosed ADHD works for Boeing. He always gets bored very quickly. Instead of quitting, he goes from one job within Boeing to another one. It actually builds his resume this way cause he becomes much more well rounded. And he looks extremely loyal cause he's always stayed with a single company. Would something like that work for you? Or a job where you do many different things.

My job did not require me to take breaks at set times. Many jobs are like that.

Do you make good friends at work? Are you the type that feels good helping others and if so, does your job involve helping others on a one on one basis? Things at work that aren't the actual work itself can help to make things less boring/unbearable.

I think we should not only think about how to improve ourselves but how we can improve our environment to make it better suited for us (so our weaknesses don't matter as much).

As far as your indecisiveness goes, is that really due to ADHD? I read somewhere that your gut feeling is usually the right one so if you calm yourself while making a decision, your first choice if you listen to your heart is usually the right one. Do you think that is true for you?
My last job was detailing cars at a used car lot. It's owned by my best friend but he let me go due a misunderstanding and because he couldn't afford me as his business is slowing down. I am in between jobs now. I actually enjoyed that job. My previous jobs were terrible. They were factory work and long hours. I am concerned I may have to go back to working in that environment. It's not fun at all and makes my mental state much worst than it already is. The factory jobs are a last resort just to make end meet.

I am considering taking CBP oil. I just found out about it yesterday and I have high hopes from the all they hype surrounding it.

I enjoy helping other. I volunteered to hand out food to the homeless in my area but they don't lack volunteers. I thought it would be a good idea to get out and try something new. I don't make friends easy but I do. I am generally friendly but end up up losing interest in friendships.

I am seeking treatment for my restless state. If there is anything that can calm me down, I will find that progressive. This will increase my productivity and creativity and make my life better. Thank you for your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to asalem For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-05-18)
Old 09-05-18, 11:25 AM

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,995 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Exercise, good sleep schedule, and a diet that doesn't have too much sugar.

Hope the CBP works. Let us know if it does, it'd be interesting to hear about.

And yeah, factory work must be incredibly hard for someone who gets bored easy and can't sit still. I don't think I could do it. Hopefully you can find something better suited to you.