ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-17-18, 02:10 AM

Rallied is on a distinguished road
Aderall IR Brand vs Generic (Teva)

First post, recently diagnosed a month ago and originally on Vyvanse but switched to Adderall IR.

To my understanding the "brand name" original formula adderall IR that was produced by Shire was bought and is now owned and manufactured by Teva, but they ALSO make a generic version adderall IR.

My question is to anyone that actually has their prescribing doctor check off "Dispense As Written"(DAW) or just somehow gets the brand name Adderall - is it actually Teva, and does it look the same as the generic ones? Also do they work better than the Teva generic ?

The reason I am asking is because when i switched from Vyvanse to adderall IR I felt very tired and it actually put me to sleep; whereas with Vyvanse it was the complete opposite and I couldn't sleep at night at all (which is why I was switched to adderall IR). So after reading many posts I'm starting to question if the generic Teva's I picked up are inferior to actual Teva brand adderall or if they are the same thing.

Thank you.
Old 10-17-18, 03:07 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Aderall IR Brand vs Generic (Teva)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallied View Post
To my understanding the "brand name" original formula adderall IR that was produced by Shire was bought and is now owned and manufactured by Teva, but they ALSO make a generic version adderall IR.
Teva owns the rights to the brand name IR and a generic form of IR. They only manufacture the generic form. No one is manufacturing the brand name IR.