ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-05, 06:25 PM
Contributor

emwell is on a distinguished road
Any suggestions on getting to know people here

I was just wondering if anyone has ideas on how to get to know people here. I have very little support in real life and need to find it elsewhere. I read posts and respond to some. I love the chit chat forum. But that is for fun. Maybe I just need to post more often.

By the way, my name is Deb. I hail from Western Massachusetts after having spent 15 years on the North Shore (I am still getting use to no traffic or neighbors ). I am 37 (birthday next month). I am married to a fine man and we have two beagles and a cat. As well as ADD, I am being treated for other crap, like depression and anxiety. When my Doctor suggested I had ADD, it was the best news I could have gotten. So much about me finally made sense. I worked for the same organization for 14 years (i was laid off or kicked out the door like a wet dog as my husband would say). That was three years ago. I did find a seasonal position which I enjoy. Unfortunately I don't work during the summer and have been going stir crazy since June.
Old 07-16-05, 10:22 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by emwell
I was just wondering if anyone has ideas on how to get to know people here. I have very little support in real life and need to find it elsewhere. I read posts and respond to some. I love the chit chat forum. But that is for fun. Maybe I just need to post more often.
We're not that far from each other,
Old 07-17-05, 12:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

AnnAnnAnn has disabled reputation
Hi Emwell -- welcome

Maybe after reading a few posts, you will find someone who seems to share your interests, send them private e-mail and strike up a conversation.. see where it goes.

Good luck, Ann
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-05, 03:34 PM

Ian has disabled reputation
The more I post the more I find like minded folks.

Fasttalkingmom - nice avatar!
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Old 07-18-05, 08:01 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
Emwell,

I find it hard to believe that you haven't formed a lasting bond with some of our members. I've always found your posts to be supportive and understanding if not at times humurous.

I agree with Ann and Ian. Give yourself a chance and show interest in others struggles. Many of my bond with friends from the forums were due to I or someone pm'ing a little support post after a bad day.

"Hey, saw you had a crappy day!!!! There's good news...its almost bedtime"

It doesn't have to be a brain surgery post or letter just a little pick me up when things are getting tough for someone you admire or a pat on the back for a job well done. WE all need and want/crave acknowledgement and it feels darn great when we get it too.

I'd say keep doing what your doing and it'll all fall into place.

ps I'm married to a great guy, three kids, three dogs, a cat, fish and have recently gone thru a job change though by my own choice. Aww well its not a novel but its a start.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 07-19-05, 11:35 AM

antsylu has disabled reputation
Hi Deb. I'm new here as well. i too was thrilled to find out I had ADD. And I also am being treated for other crap..mainly depression. i look forward to getting to know you better.

Luann
Old 07-19-05, 12:38 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Gourmet is on a distinguished road
Hi emwell! We've answered each other's posts before.
I'd love to get to know you better.

~gourmet~
Old 07-19-05, 01:02 PM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian

Fasttalkingmom - nice avatar!
Thanks ! .......
Old 07-20-05, 12:48 AM
Contributor

Fast talking mom has me a bit busy right now LOL We actually know some of the same people.

I would love to get to know each and everyone of you. You just must be willing to accept my form of humor. It is my best feature.

Thanks for all the hands. I guess i was feeling a bit lonely and lost there for awhile.
Old 07-20-05, 07:33 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
We all get that way and if you can accept me laughing at you and at myself then I'll accept your humour as well. But, hey honestly if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at right?!!!!!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 07-20-05, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwell
Fast talking mom has me a bit busy right now LOL We actually know some of the same people.
Scary isn't it ?
Old 07-22-05, 04:58 PM
Contributor

I wouldn't use the word scary, but I will let you use it. I was thinking more "its a small world afterall"

Nucking Futs.... You make me giggle eveytime I see your name. I can relate to that name a little bit
Old 07-22-05, 05:23 PM

And here I thought it was my personality

Old 07-25-05, 09:01 PM
Contributor

I love the new avatar. Can't get any more perfect than that can ya. Thanks for sharing it.

Deb the other whacko here.
Old 08-02-05, 11:51 AM

I take my role as life's comic releif seriously *laughs*

In the forum my husband and I started he stole it from me so I had to find a new one which is just as cool but made me mad.

So, anyways pulling all the pieces of my mind into one hoherent thought. Have you made any friends lately?