ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sleeping
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-05, 09:40 PM
Contributor

neuroangel is on a distinguished road
Anxiety causing sleeplessness

I don't generally have anxiety problems, but I do think a lot at night which keeps me awake or keeps waking me up...Klonopin with tylenol really helps with it. Does anyone else take anti-anxiety meds to help with sleep, or have any of you found an herb or sleep aid that works?

Cyndi
"But the man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less cocksure, happier but less self-satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable Mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend." Aldous Huxley, The Doors of Perception
Old 07-18-05, 10:20 PM
Contributor

Pigeon has disabled reputation
When I was dx depression instead of ADD they had me take zoloft for antiaxiety, and it did help me sleep, but only with the extream anxieties... ex: I was lying awake thinking about the house burning down and no one remembering to save my guinea pig (I was away at school) but with general anxiety it didn't help... ex: something to do tomorrow that's important.
Old 09-11-05, 11:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

Marmalade_man is on a distinguished road
This is exactly what happens with me. Mind racing [MIND STORMS] is the problems for me. I just can't sleep.

Since starting Ritalin I sleep the entire night if I get to bed by 11:00 PM. If I wait until later, I might be up all night.

Best wishes,

Vic
Sponsored Links