ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 06-06-08, 12:29 PM

Enterhase is on a distinguished road
Re: Bullies

I wish I could go back to school and do some serious ***-kicking. Now I look back and realize that those jerks were kids, just like me, and that a good ole' punch in the face would have made them stop.

I didn't have problems with physical violence, though. The fact that kids in the U.S. get basically mugged by their classmates still baffles me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enterhase For This Useful Post:
ADDictive_714 (08-24-10)
Old 06-12-08, 01:23 PM
Jr Member

Cajun42 is on a distinguished road

Good article

http://www.pluk.org/Pubs/Bullying2.pdf
Old 06-18-08, 02:40 AM
Jr Member

LuckySe7en is on a distinguished road

The bullies I've been dealing with are well-liked and generally tend to be friends of the people I hang out with. It's painful for me to agree to go to an outing and find out that a certain someone will be there and will probably be giving me a hard time whether physically bullying me or verbally bullying me. It's weird though because it doesn't happen 100% of the time but more like 50% and I can never know when to expect that I'll be hit or smiled at.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-08, 03:34 AM
Contributor

brownrabbit will become famous soon enough

i was actually talking about this with my psychiatrist today.....

I attended a very expensive private school, and I was bullied from start to finish. Its impact my life has been traumatic, even though i am attractive, intelligent, creative and have wide interests, my social life has been limited to a few close friends.

My social confidence is quite low, and i think my self-esteem has been shattered also. With my recent diagnosis i am looking at alot of these issues , it has re written my entire history. For example, i didnt get the bullying part, like why me??? But now, understanding ADD , i do get that ADD kids can miss vital social "cues" required to be successfully in social settings.

But i dont understand why the school didnt jump in and keep me safe, surely they had a duty of care??? Me being bullied kind of also explains in a way why i have a habit of ending up with bullies as b/f's. Like the one i have just recently left.

The amazing things about these ADD drugs, well for me anyway, is they wake up your own reality. Within 2 weeks of being on Ritalin, i showed him the door, whereas before i was tolerating his vile behavior. Maybe its because i now i know im not stupid, lazy or crazy and i deserve better. Or maybe the drugs turned his subtle digs at my shortcomings, into flashing lights. And while i am looking forward to the future, i didnt really expected how monumentally life changing being diagnosed would be...

peace and love,

rabbit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownrabbit For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (06-18-08), Sandy4957 (06-18-08)
Old 02-20-09, 01:42 PM

mr.lazy will become famous soon enough

I got bullied for 2 years :[ it stopped cus my parents happened to decide to move country but never told anyone realy only close friends.
Since then i have grown as a person and several times come down heavy on people who ave been bullying others.. rly disgusts me
Old 03-11-09, 08:31 PM

bosst is on a distinguished road

i was bullied when i was younger(very badly by this one kid who i still hate even though he doesnt seem to remeer it) and somewhat now but not as bad becuasue i grew a foot or two.
Old 03-16-09, 12:27 PM
Jr Member

GlamourDollXoXo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterhase View Post
I wish I could go back to school and do some serious ***-kicking. Now I look back and realize that those jerks were kids, just like me, and that a good ole' punch in the face would have made them stop.

I didn't have problems with physical violence, though. The fact that kids in the U.S. get basically mugged by their classmates still baffles me.
Same here there are many people I would love to go back tell them to stick it! I was bullied so badly that I would come home from school crying and wish that I would just die it ended up that I was moved to another classroom, but the main girl who was responsible for tormenting me was my neighbor and was basically jealous of me. Well the family moved about 3 years ago and I haven't seen her face in town since.
Old 03-16-09, 06:50 PM

Gianfranco Zola is on a distinguished road

I got bullied every now and then. But I fought back. And I don't regret it.

One of the things I've always hated about the way I was taught in regards to bullying is to use words. To me a bully isn't going to stop when you ask, they'll just keep on going. It annoyed me to no end that I'd get in trouble and the bully would get off scot free.
Old 03-16-09, 09:46 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,114 Times in 541 Posts
wsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud ofwsmac has much to be proud of

http://www.last.fm/music/Todd+Snider...ing+Working%3F

There's a player here where you can listen to the whole spoken track from the album "Peace Queer", Todd Snider.

Here's the words from his website....

"Is This Thing Working?"

Is this thing working?
Is this thing on?

In the hallway of a high school
Anywhere, USA
There was a bully that would pick on a different kid
And it seemed like every day

He had a pack of back-slappin' buddies
That would laugh and back him up all the way
And a screaming girlfriend that would make-believe
In everything he would say

Is this thing working?
Is this thing on?

Then one day this kid
That he beat up a couple times before
Realized to even his surprise
That he could indeed take more

And with that he hatched the evil plan
To make that devil pay
He walked up to him in the middle of the gym
And he found the nerve to say

If you're gonna hit somebody today
You're gonna hit me too
In fact you're gonna hit me every day
Because now I'm picking on you

And as crazy as this might sound right now
I'm not stopping until I'm through
It's too late to beg for mercy

Is this thing working?
Is this thing on?

That bully he just laughed and laughed of course
And so did all of his friends
And he beat that poor kid unmercifully
For days and days on end

Only slightly a little bit less impressively each time
To that girl and all his friends
Who would eventually secretly
Start hoping for that kid to win

Is this thing working?
Is this thing on?

Now you may never hear him say this
Cause he thinks that people still don't know
But winning this battle every day
Cost our bully the war a long time ago

And of all the scars that he's got to show
For every blow that kid sneaks in
The worst one is knowing that tomorrow
He's gonna have to get up and fight that kid again

Is this thing working?
Is this thing on?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just realized this is the Teens area... I'm not a teen anymore... but I still think this is a great poem/song.
I don't recommend people start taking this type of stand against bullies, but I certainly remember what it was like being the victim and the times I did make my stand.

Anyway, I think the theme behind this speaks more about psychology and the many different ways to defeat certain bullies outside of actually jumping in and fighting them.
But then... my teenage daughter says I overanalyze things....

=========
I know have a new diagnosis: Attention Difference Display / Happy Dance (ADD/HD)... I think it fits!
=========

Sometimes I worry that if I don't slow down... I'll run my batteries down and won't be able to recharge myself... powered down permanently at such a young age!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wsmac For This Useful Post:
Blueranne (08-03-11), Crazygirl79 (09-21-09), Sandy4957 (09-22-09)
Old 03-16-09, 10:34 PM

darkland8 will become famous soon enough

ya i know what you mean i was bullied all my life till my freshman year of high school (err teased and treated like **** is a better way to put it) although it did get better as i got older it still sucked. Even now 2 years later i still feel kinda outcasted... like i always think people are laughing at me when i hear people laugh and stuff....
Old 03-17-09, 10:19 AM

coddersjnr will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Re: Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntchris View Post
the worst is when a teacher , bulllies you verbally in class.
I had this when I was at high school, my science teacher patronised the hell out of me and called me a No-hoper. Then during the same week I got told I was a waste of space by my history teacher, that was a s*** month for me.

You know you want to, you curious, curious people.
The Following User Says Thank You to coddersjnr For This Useful Post:
sarek (09-23-09)
Old 04-06-09, 11:18 PM

tasty-man is on a distinguished road

I was bullied verbally but not to bad growing up.
Old 05-02-09, 11:08 PM

Im Jason is on a distinguished road

I'm in 7th grade I'm bullied by evryone except my 1 friend. who also has ADHD phi. It's just that evryone likes him and hates me.
Old 05-02-09, 11:13 PM

Im Jason is on a distinguished road

Dotwithaddd, I'm in seventh grade now. I going through what you went through except I know I have add but parents don't. For some reason they don't want to see syciatrist and think a punishment will cure it insted. And now...........
Old 05-03-09, 12:57 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

kattsqueen is just really nicekattsqueen is just really nicekattsqueen is just really nicekattsqueen is just really nice

My younger brother Curt was always picked on... He had a bad over bite and was very add inattentive type. He was the the waterboy type of kid not co-ordinated enough to play but willing to be equipment manager. HE had problems with writing math and spelling. He also had a speach impediment due to his over bite.

The boys were just merciless to him they picked on him for years.. being his little bit older sister I would try to help him out and then I would be subjected to being picked on too,,,

One thing the bullies didnt seem to notice was this kid in 10th grade sprouted up to six three 220 lbs.. Every one still figured he was the same ole dork....

ONe day he had taken enough we arrived on the bus to high school and cool quiet curt had finally had enough he swept the sidewalk withthree or for of the fellas that had been picking on him you wouldnt believe the applause he received from other kids on the bus and me and yes even the bus driver!! Needless to say he got several days off of school but he sure got more respect after that. LOL
by the way he had a successful military career in computers and is doing quite well now. Who'd have guessed.