ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 05-03-09, 05:34 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,111 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bullies

Teachers who bully children should lose their jobs pure and simple...this is unacceptable on every level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arei View Post
Teacher's making fun/taunting/abusing students is one of the most horrible things in the world. Kids end up with seriously bad trust issues, and its alot more painful coming from a "supposedly mature" adult then your immature retarded classmates.

I have a hard time getting over being bullied, it happens all the time. If I could, no one would bully me because I could smack them down with great ease, but unforunately I can't do that. I absolutely hate bullying, its disgustingly low-class and just plain rude. Its something that hits very close to home, I really get into people's faces about it and stand up to anyone who dares to try to pull that **** on someone else.

Unfortunately for myself I can't defend myself that well =X And no one will ever defend me TToTT so poo...
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazygirl79 For This Useful Post:
Infinity (09-21-09)
Old 05-18-09, 05:19 PM

Aleloco is on a distinguished road

LOL! I used to bully bullies in high school.
Old 05-21-09, 06:22 PM

neoman is on a distinguished road

I guess, one of the major reasons for being bullied is looking younger than your normal age(in primary school and highschool). The bullies at school don't need a specific reason to beat you up, they choose their victim according to their appearence and they choose the weaker ones. I used to look younger and was really a late bloomer and this resulted in being bullied all the time. They used to start with teasing and making fun of me and I used to lose my temper really quick, which, most of the time, resulted in my jumping on them. After being beaten up by them it was the teacher's turn since I was the new comer, trouble maker, stupid student. But all these just ended after the adolesence period when I started to look my age.
The Following User Says Thank You to neoman For This Useful Post:
Infinity (09-21-09)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-09, 09:54 PM

Aleloco is on a distinguished road

I was walking to the bus stop with a friend, she had to chase the bus so she got ahead of me. So, this junkie starts screaming "wind" "wind" because she was wearing a skirt. So i fought this uncontrollable rage to beat his light outs. Im not big, but i train judo, so I knew i was more than capable of doing it. The guy starts getting close to her, i was like ten feet away, she walks a lot faster than me. I stomp he guys talons, but he didnt got the message. He gets close to her, and opens his arms as to grope her. I screamed "have some culture"(lol, im not very good with insults) and he runs away, smart move. I hate people who tries to intimidate others.
Old 06-04-09, 06:17 PM

Saint Valentine is on a distinguished road

bullies used to worry me, but then a few things happened:
1- Hyperactivity is more useful in a fight than most people realize.
2- three words: martial. arts. classes. Take them.
3- If a bully is too big or works with a gang, befriend someone bigger or better at fighting. Ironically, this is actually pretty easy because sometimes even people who are stronger and smarter than bullies get picked on because they usually choose not to fight back.
4- Find other kids in your school with ADD/ADHD. In the U.S. the number is pretty high. I've found that even if you normally have social problems it's easy to make friends when you've got something like ADHD in common. Safety lies in numbers.

Of course not all bullying is physical. Never allow a bully to make you think you're less than them, because you're not. It's been theorized that those with short attention spans are better adjusted to life in a time when multi-tasking is a necessity. Even if you don't believe that, think about yourself. As far as I can see, everyone posting here is smarter than grades and teachers can believe. The problem is that ADD/ADHD is incompatible with most teaching styles, making learning difficult without and sometimes even with medication. And yet, you've learned more just about ADHD/ADD than most people learn at all. In other words, you're smarter than most "normal people".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saint Valentine For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (09-13-09), Infinity (09-21-09)
Old 08-24-09, 09:43 PM

TINCAN is on a distinguished road

Ive dealt with it, though very seldom. My issue is that ive known that i have had ADD since 3rd grade. And have been getting special ed help for it from the IEP, essentially i never went on meds due to the side effects and my young age. But due to my ADD, i kept getting further and further behind. And never learned the basics of math, and grammar. Therefore, i still currently dont know my times table at the age of 17. So in 8th grade i got pulled out of my regualr math class, and went to a very expensive private school for math basics. It did raise my scores, yet i still struggle very very much in math. So freshmen year, i had to take 8th grade math, and sophmore year, cont. alg, and junior year geomety [a class at my school freshman usually take] so this year i am in algerbra II. I took the harder of the 2 math classes. So we will see how that works. But my school is very veryy prestigous so people ask often about my scedual. and what class im going to, i often times try to hide it. Its too bad i have to hide it, but ive been bullied for it. Even though I am a very loved person at school with many many friends. THis girl is always brigning it up to people, and laughing at me... cant stand it. uhg.
Old 08-28-09, 02:17 PM
Jr Member

SkepticSeraph is on a distinguished road

The bully in my school is just a cocky idiot, why people have to induce the little power they have over the powerless is sick, i always intervine whenever he gets out of hand.
The Following User Says Thank You to SkepticSeraph For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (09-13-09)
Old 09-12-09, 02:20 PM

del_rio is on a distinguished road

Funny, I've never had to deal with any bullying in my life... matter of fact, I don't know of any bullies in my school. There are plenty of people I know who would start a fight, but not out of free will. Then there are the other people who always brag about how tough they are, but you know it's just bs, so you just play along
Old 09-21-09, 08:50 PM
Contributor

Infinity is a jewel in the roughInfinity is a jewel in the roughInfinity is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arei View Post
Teacher's making fun/taunting/abusing students is one of the most horrible things in the world. Kids end up with seriously bad trust issues, and its alot more painful coming from a "supposedly mature" adult then your immature retarded classmates.
I hope you don't mind my posting here.
Im not a teen . but have been the victium of repeated bullying through out my life.

It never occured to me that My gradschool professor was bullying me.

I knew I was being bulied by a male student who had a drinking problem .
he used to call me Eli May and make references to my intelligence and my cothing.

True I did have a rope belt on my shorts.. and wore my hair like hers .

Im far from her demeaner . and Im not a blond nor am I dumb.

I had a two women who were making fun of me also gossiping and making indirect jokes . in my class of 20. I made the mistake of sharing something very persobal because I thought one of them suffered from the same thing.
Both women ended up leavig the program befor I did . One came back and to finsih and told me she has Bi polar.and was being treated for it.

My professor who was a heavy drinker , would make reference to my finacial status . by making refernece to my needing second hand equipment ,once when he was sharing with the class about places to eat out .

He was talking about a very expensisve resaturant , so expensive I of course had never heard of it and alluded to that a bit .
and he anounced to the class.

"Infinity eats there all the time " and gave me this smirk look"

he did other covert sexual comments and gestures also .

One time I was trying to give a presentation in studio . And well as some of you know we can go on and on and side track etc.

I was obviously nervous and had very little confidence in my presentaion . with no knowledge of ADHD then

and he interuprted me mid presentaion and said

Tell us in three sentences what the design means.

and I said I can't.
the problem was I was attracted to this professor and took this devaluing behaior as attention

now I see just how damaging it was to me in a class of 20 or so peers.

I had tried to deal with it in therapy .
in the theraputic note I just recently reviewed it was noted I had fantaseys about the professor and was delusional.

( when I think back on it all I feel like throwing huge bolders out side and smashing them on the ground .

instead I cry .. )

thanks for letting me share..

Infinity ~
Old 09-21-09, 09:02 PM
Contributor

Infinity is a jewel in the roughInfinity is a jewel in the roughInfinity is a jewel in the rough

I also want to say a special thanks to Living in chaos for posting this .

I was bullied by lots of hyperactive boys in grade school .I was over weight in grade school . I was almost destroyed by it . I still have PSTD responses in groups .

I recently read in the Book . " The ADHD Book of LISTS "

http://www.amazon.com/ADHD-Book-List...078796591Xthat

that ADHD boys frequently bully . Bullying can be inappropriate touching and impulsive verbal teasing and other behaviors.

It 's not just about power. Its about unwanted actions and the person will not quit when asked .

This is a good book by the way for both teens and adults like myself . Lots of useful information about behavior modification.

Infinity~
The Following User Says Thank You to Infinity For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (09-21-09)
Old 09-21-09, 10:05 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,111 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to write this post using the colour green because I like the colour green and it's calming and peaceful to me.

I'm almost 30 now and I'm still scarred from what I went through in high school and anyone who hasn't been the bully's target will never ever understand regardless of how much they try to, almost 17 years ago which still seems like yesterday to me I started high school thinking I was going on this cool adventure and that everything would start to get better, my grades, my social life etc and boy was I sadly mistaken instead I was bullied day in and day out for the next 4 years until I changed schools I was verbally abused, sexually harassed, socially rejected and isolated and physically assaulted on occasions, I was also the subject of many awful and ridiculous rumours such as me supposedly being pregnant, being gay, being molested and suffering an eating disorder, none of which were true then to top it all off I was misunderstood and considered an educational write off by the teaching staff and therefore I received very little if any support at all at that time and one day just over a week after I turned 16 I made one of the biggest decisions any depressed teenager would make in their lives and that was to suicide well to attempt it anyway as I'm still here, I collected enough of my own medication as well as stealing the leftovers of my mothers medication and waited until my step grandfather turned up and Mum was preoccupied and I took each pill one by one with this peaceful feeling convinced that this was the end and as I swallowed the last pill I looked outside my bedroom window and did the get f**ked sign to the sky and said nobody will hurt me anymore see ya later you f**kers and then proceeded to write a goodbye note and fell asleep, the next morning I woke up to Mum calling me, I tried to get up and Mum had seriously thought I was drunk until she looked on the floor of my bedroom and saw the empty pill packets and bottles with that I was rushed to hospital and I had to drink this disgusting charcoal sh*t which was supposed to absorb the drugs in the system and keep me alive which I didn't want at the time but nevertheless I was alive and I was rejected at the pearly gates so to speak so I had no choice but to I had to pick up my bundle and keep going, I went back to school where it all continued except this time I was numb...I wasn't the same person anymore I'd grown stronger and harder, at the end of 11th grade I made another big decision and this time it was a good one and that was to change schools and leave those bullies and their sh*t behind forever.You might ask me if I'd ever bullied anyone and I'll be honest and say yes I did I was no innocent angel, I was sad, I was angry, I was confused, I was hurting, I hated myself, I hated everyone including my family and I hated the world but that didn't excuse any bad behaviour on my part but it does explain it just as it would sometimes explain the behaviour of some of those who bullied me, I have since been contacted by some of those people who were remorseful and ashamed and I forgave them not only to free myself of the pain but to free them of the prison of guilt after all they were only children as well. I may have forgiven but I will never forget that pain no matter how much I try and how much I want to and sadly it is part of life for some people but that can change. The saddest part for me today is that I wasn't the only member of my family that went through this, my 2 youngest cousins did too and as a result I lost my only bit of positive social contact as they wanted nothing to do with their 'different' cousin either, they didn't want to be associated with the 'shame' of being related to someone who was 'different' but with all that said you can be different in anyway to get bullied but that can change too only if you want to change it.

I'm going to write this part of my post in red because I want to get this message out loud and clear, you are NOT alone and will NEVER be alone with this and regardless of how old you are, what your background is or even what the bully's problem you do NOT have to tolerate this kind of harassment EVER and if you are in this position then I urge you to please take action and stop it so you can have a better life, that is your right!

I'm going to write this part of my post in blue, I just want people to know that suicide is a permanent solution to a usually temporary problem and it's NEVER the best choice nor should it ever be a last resort for anyone and if anyone is feeling like this then PLEASE do get help as there is help out there and you deserve to grow up and live a happy life and please don't ever allow some bully to get you to that point like they did to me and take away any chance you have of a happy decent life..again PLEASE GET HELP if you feel like this.

Selena
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazygirl79 For This Useful Post:
sarek (09-23-09)
Old 09-30-09, 06:43 PM
Contributor

RedSkittles will become famous soon enough

Why are people mean to each other? it doesn't do anything but create hurt feelings and guilty souls.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedSkittles For This Useful Post:
AbsentMindProf (03-25-11), Crazygirl79 (10-01-09)
Old 05-02-10, 12:46 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Werl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to beholdWerl is a splendid one to behold

Thou I would like to rid the world of bullying, it would be like ridding the world of raceism, war, and fear. Meaning, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. But I was bullied for 2.5 years and I recently (as of the date the is posted) broke down and took a week and a half off school getting my self back together. After several weeks I am still not in the regular class (sadly not for much longer thou).
Old 05-02-10, 09:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,790 Times in 1,932 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

Werl, I hope you are getting some professional help with this. Isn't the school doing anything to help you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werl View Post
Thou I would like to rid the world of bullying, it would be like ridding the world of raceism, war, and fear. Meaning, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. But I was bullied for 2.5 years and I recently (as of the date the is posted) broke down and took a week and a half off school getting my self back together. After several weeks I am still not in the regular class (sadly not for much longer thou).

Phaedrus

Old 05-04-10, 04:30 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,276 Times in 975 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold

Here is some additional info about bullying.

http://stopbullyingnow.hrsa.gov/kids/

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mary For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (05-04-10)