ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 11-17-11, 07:20 PM
ADDvanced Member

bree is on a distinguished road
Re: Bullies

Fairly sure that this week is anti bully week and all teachers and ed support anywhere can access http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resources/ and join for anti bulling stuff anywhere in the world free. For those of you who have a good relationship with teachers or are teachers this may be somewhere to start.

Or the school phyc / counsellor could be pointed to this direction? Hope it helps some one.
Old 11-18-11, 09:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

bree is on a distinguished road

http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?st..._Anti_Bullying

and the specific link
Old 04-05-12, 09:19 AM

homestead4u has a spectacular aura abouthomestead4u has a spectacular aura about

I am soo sorry, because of my size never had that problem but was the "big brother" to many in middle and high schools.. still today am big bro to many .. wish u were in my school district as everyone knew i didnt allow that to go on , or at least in front of me or friends.. I wasnt popular because of that but who cares i had other issues with ADHD and hypersensitivity.. so i couldnt do the sleep over parties..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-12, 09:21 AM

homestead4u has a spectacular aura abouthomestead4u has a spectacular aura about

some times thats all it takes :-)
Old 04-05-12, 09:31 AM

I feel for u, a friend of mine I YIM with every day is having the same issues w his dad.. he has the same things different as i did at his age (he is around 19 now i think) .. but as an only child his parents are overly focused on him and his differences.. my only suggestion is to talk about it.. get it out in the open.. I proms u, u will feel better :-)
Old 05-01-12, 04:28 PM

scooby23 is on a distinguished road

I have never had to deal with bullies in my life nor was I ever one I guess I got lucky.
Old 05-26-12, 08:20 PM
Jr Member

brandon_g is on a distinguished road

I was bullied almost every one my years of school and know how feels... I'm always the target because I dont know how to fight back... So the bullies take that as reason bully me... all because I'm weakling... I remmeber the first time ever that I tried too fight back, it was this year and I saw a friend being bullied and I hated that patucilar bully... So I some how my mind got me to challenge the kid to a fight and the I got into what I thought was a good fighting position... BAM I got hit right in the eye and just missed hitting my face on a desk. Now the bully would have fired off more if not for a classmate 2X his size who had punched back to the wall... I ended up with a black eye... NO MORE FIGHTING FOR ME!

Anyway thanks for reading this post
Old 12-17-12, 04:20 AM

TheEngineer is on a distinguished road

I was taught by my dad to beat up the bully. My dad was kind of mean lol. Well it works. Even if you lose the fights, it doesn't matter. Just keep fighting him every day until he gets tired of being hit. It hurts more than enough to be hit, even when you win a fight. Its not like kids (younger little kids) can really hurt each other anyway. Do this a few times when you're younger and it carries on into your older years. If you live in the same town all your life, that is. I guess I just established that I wouldn't take it at a young age. And then went to high school in the same town. You can't let a bully get the best of you. Give them a reason to find someone else to pick on. I've done that and then watched the bully switch targets to try and find someone else. Big mistake on his part lol. Got a way worse beating. Almost felt sorry for 'em.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheEngineer For This Useful Post:
mikeyboy22 (12-18-12)
Old 12-18-12, 01:17 PM

mikeyboy22 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
I was taught by my dad to beat up the bully. My dad was kind of mean lol. Well it works. Even if you lose the fights, it doesn't matter. Just keep fighting him every day until he gets tired of being hit. It hurts more than enough to be hit, even when you win a fight. Its not like kids (younger little kids) can really hurt each other anyway. Do this a few times when you're younger and it carries on into your older years. If you live in the same town all your life, that is. I guess I just established that I wouldn't take it at a young age. And then went to high school in the same town. You can't let a bully get the best of you. Give them a reason to find someone else to pick on. I've done that and then watched the bully switch targets to try and find someone else. Big mistake on his part lol. Got a way worse beating. Almost felt sorry for 'em.
I was bullied a lot as a kid, and this is true. For some reason 99% of the time I just played the pacifist and let it happen. I was basically bullied from 4th grade all the way until senior year of highschool, even though by then I was 6'2" and in decent shape. I regret not fighting back more often.

On two seperate occasions with two different bullies though I just snapped. One kid was part of a group, basically a toady, he had zero skills and one day when he decided to pick on me alone, and I embarrassed him. Everytime he threw his weak haymaker punches I blocked it, then I smacked him in the mouth. Then my smacks turned to punches. I did this in front of a bunch of girls in our class which made it worse for him. Then the next day Toady got his bigger than me friend and big boy decided to pin me against a wall while walking home. Big boy wanted to fight me but I called out the toady and said he needed his boyfriend to fight his battles. Needless to say Big Boy tuned me up a bit but toady stayed far away from me after that.

Another time some girl in my 4th grade class had a big brother who though it would be fun to bully me as we all walked home. Same thing one day I just snapped, and even though he was a foot taller I just started swinging. At some point he backed away and I picked up bottle (this is late 1970's Philadelphia, beer & soda bottles and broken glass was everwhere), broke it like they do in a movie bar fight and told him and his sister to get the F away from me. After that no more problems.

I learned that bullies get a hard on when you are weak and don't fight back. It their sense of control over someone, because they are probably getting sexually or physically abused at home. Ever bully I ran into later as an adult grew up to be a pathetic and sad human being, and nothing to be afraid of.

I heard a funny story from a short nerdy guy I know. He grew up shorter than everyone else and with big glasses, but no on messed with him simply because he was always willing to fight. His dad was an ex-marine and taught him boxing and never to back down. He usually lost, but sometimes he would win. At some point everyone stopped picking on him, because no one wants to lose to the nerdy little kid with glasses.
Old 12-20-12, 02:05 PM

TheEngineer is on a distinguished road

Yeah. That's what my dad told me. He said you let people push you around, you'll be letting them push you around all your life. Now I have a strong tendency not to take any crap off of anyone. He encouraged me to fight other kids sometimes. It was all probably for the best. I wasn't bullied and I think between fighting and being bullied, fighting is better. Its less traumatizing to the individual. And, the bully can learn a lesson too. Like how they'd just better watch who they try and push around, or they might not like what they get. Might even inspire them to stand up and put a stop to whoever is doing whatever to them in their own lives.

So its pretty much a win-win. Sadly most of the people reading this, its too late for and they've already suffered bullying all through school.

But basically, you need to become a bully to the bully. A couple of times I punched the bully in the side of the face when he wasn't even aware it was coming. Now THAT was funny lol. Watching their surprise and anger and pain. I believe I was smiling when I did it. While saying something like "You thought that was funny earlier when you got the drop on me huh??" Or maybe say "Not so easy when all your friends aren't around is it". And if there were more than one catch up to each one individually and fight them. They'll know that they can't always be together and you'll come looking for them when they're not. You just have to be mean. But, you won't have to do it for long.
Old 12-21-12, 09:50 AM
Jr Member

kaushalsingh is on a distinguished road

This is such a helpful post as i have been bullied by many people and always thought how to deal with it!! But this post has given me a way to ignore all that and live a happy life!
Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to kaushalsingh For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (12-22-12)
Old 12-22-12, 05:28 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ranmaru is on a distinguished road

Sucks to stand up to that big guy who is messing with you and then you are down on the floor. Yeah, that happened to me in sixth grade lol. *bump on head* No teacher, I fell down, ehehehe >_>
Old 12-31-12, 03:03 PM
Jr Member

Guitarist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
But basically, you need to become a bully to the bully... You just have to be mean. But, you won't have to do it for long.
I'm a dad, and have two different black belts, but this is not the advice I'd give my son, or how I imagine I'd behave. If you're cornered, you may have to fight, but I'd like to think I could back away without losing face. Very few senseis would find it acceptable for you to come to them and say, "Please teach me how to beat someone up." And any sensei will remind you that if you go looking for fights, you'll run into one that you'll lose.
The Following User Says Thank You to Guitarist For This Useful Post:
LynneC (01-02-13)
Old 01-02-13, 02:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,259 Times in 2,929 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute

The best way to stop a bully, is to knock the jerk out... that takes skill/strength. The key is to recognize the importance of seeing an example and not being a bully yourself, once such an action is taken.

That's not to say that this is the best or most appropriate way to stop a bully, but it is sometimes the only option if other authorities refuse to get involved. The best solution is to have parents/teachers get involved... but that clearly isn't always an option.
Old 01-02-13, 05:56 PM
Jr Member

Guitarist is on a distinguished road

You might be right. If you've seen the documentary Bully (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_(2011_film), you'll see that school administrators are often clueless.
The Following User Says Thank You to Guitarist For This Useful Post:
Drewbacca (01-03-13)