ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TEENS AND YOUNG ADULTS WITH ADD/ADHD > Hangout
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Hangout A place for teens with AD/HD hangout and talk about what's on their minds.

Old 01-03-13, 05:33 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,259 Times in 2,929 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarist View Post
You might be right. If you've seen the documentary Bully (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bully_(2011_film), you'll see that school administrators are often clueless.
I'll have to check that one out! I only speak from my own experience, when some of the higher up school administrators were the parents of the kids doing the bullying. Fortunately, I had an opportunity to change schools which is how I finally got out of a bad situation.
Old 01-04-13, 03:49 PM
ADDvanced Member

Seaweed603 is on a distinguished road

Bullies prey on those, who they see weak, to not be bullies you need to show that you are not weak. My temper keeps bullies away from me, I also Like how I have one black belt, and am working on a second, yet people don't think I can fight because I am skinny and never fight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaweed603 For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (01-04-14), starry (02-10-13)
Old 01-18-13, 12:22 PM

uV147Uv is on a distinguished road

bullying in my class is actually pick a students who acts weird (ADHD) and make them do silly things and laugh at them without they know it. actually only one student in my class is doing this, AND THIS STUDENT WAS MY BEST FRIED!!! and he wan;t just making fun of me' he was also using me: he was (and still is) talking to me only when he wants to get a ride home, or he needs to copy from me in a test and when h wanted to do an assignment together with me' which ment that i was doint it all and h was just taking credit, and so on...

until know i've sucked this up, but know i had enough of it!
I asked the teacher to move away from him and now he can't copy from me in tests (all i need is to ask the french teacher to move away from him)
and i am not gonna do any assignments with him.

know he sits near the smartest student in my class, but this student won't let him copy anything.

so know if everything goes by the plan, his grades will become lower and lower, and if he won't make it to the class of the "bad" students, next year will be very tough for him, since we will not be in the same class

luckily, for this kind of bullying all you need to get your revenge is to say NO
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-13, 10:38 PM

vitrion is on a distinguished road

I used to have a bullying problem, even getting kneed in the groin in the bathroom by the 'ringleader.' I just couldn't come back with anything. Fortunately, that jerk is now being homeschooled, and the rest sort of calmed down, after my parents overheard me.
Not fun, trust me, they were even stealing my fricking lunch!
Old 02-21-13, 04:57 PM

Gabriellag12 is on a distinguished road

I was bullied in middle school because I had ADHD but no medication. And it was the time when ADHD wasn't as common as it is today. Kids would make fun of me because I couldn't talk about a single topic for more than a minute or when we had a test or something everyone would tell me stuff like "just don't think of dancing penguins" which of course made me think of dancing penguins the whole test. But now I am medicated and it is a lot better
Old 03-20-13, 10:18 PM
Jr Member

Absurdism is on a distinguished road

Causes for bullying are so multi-dimensional that it's really hard to pin down a common element, but the most shared trait in bullies is lack of empathy. Some people think that bullies have low self-esteem and attack others to enhance feelings of power and worth. In reality, true sufferers of low self-esteem do not harass and intimidate others. Bullies are generally self-assured in their lifestyle. They tend to surround themselves with people that are much like themselves, closed-minded to contrarian behavior. Their lack of empathy impairs them from positive judgment of someone who behaves differently to them. They do not sympathize with the humiliation they cause because they are emotionally blind to the pain that their victims experience.

I won't go into obscene detail but I feel like I've got a decent grasp on the psyche of bullies and wouldn't mind answering questions if anyone has any.
Old 03-21-13, 12:54 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

dresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud of

It seems I attract bullies do victims of bullies send out a vibe or flowers attractin hornets.
when it happens to me it take me time to realize it N if I do think someone is starting or

going to be a bullie I can nver nip it in the bud for fear of makin a mistake so could you
advise about the attraction please
Old 07-03-13, 01:35 PM

DizzyBee will become famous soon enough

Brilliant post
Old 07-03-13, 07:38 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

dresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud of

bullying will only stop when "I" recognize it and "I" tell it to stop, no matter who it is happening to, And/or who/what(could be business large or small,) is doing the bullying, If enough "I" get together we will look like a sharp pointed picket fence.
N we can prik them back by putting them in the place. where is a smily face when I realy realy need one lolololol stay well all, N remember it your going to bully someone practice on the first bully you meet.

Last edited by dresser; 07-03-13 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: one coma had to coma out it was confusing
The Following User Says Thank You to dresser For This Useful Post:
sarek (07-04-13)
Old 08-03-13, 09:46 AM
Jr Member

derppy is on a distinguished road

I really hate to say it, but bullies will always be around and there is not much anyone can do about it. Take a look into our evolutionary history... Bullies have always been around and always will. It is human nature to seek influence over your hierarchy; this is not to say we cannot rise above such a challenge and attempt to limit it as much as possible. ADD may multiply the stress you feel from being bullied, but I encourage people to not just sit there and 'deal with it'

It is people like that who irk me. Take a stand for yourself! Even if you require the help of other people; you will not regret it when the burden of the bully is lifted off your shoulders and your self esteem is restored.

(I've been a bully, I've been bullied, and I've helped limit bullying)
Old 09-10-13, 10:46 PM

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,930 Posts
Daydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond repute

Middle Schoolers Win International Award With Anti-Bullying Video

http://fox4kc.com/2013/07/10/middle-...ullying-video/

Old 01-04-14, 10:17 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Diony is a jewel in the roughDiony is a jewel in the roughDiony is a jewel in the rough

I always was different and i got beat up just because at home and at school i was bullied in a different way but the only major time i remember is when the ring leader put gum in my hair! And what did the school do at the time? Promote he girl to the 8th grade so shed leave sooner!

Last edited by Diony; 01-04-14 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: ps the gum happened after i started speaking up!
The Following User Says Thank You to Diony For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (01-04-14)
Old 01-04-14, 10:19 PM

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,930 Posts
Daydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond repute

Blaaaah bullying is so pathetic
Old 01-04-14, 10:41 PM

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,467 Times in 923 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future

http://www.hotpeachpages.net/

International Directory of
Domestic Violence Agencies

~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 01-04-14, 10:55 PM

Thanked 10,525 Times in 5,692 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Bullies have serious problems too just look at the mental cases in power,the police, bosses etc something isn't alright w a lot of people in power and something stinks very much so in London.