ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 08-23-05, 10:48 AM

ADDison is on a distinguished road
36 mg of Concerta - the right dose?

I am looking for some advice on taking Concerta and the "feeling" I should be getting. I was just diagnosed with ADD, I'm a 36 year old male. I have been prescribed Concerta 36mg and this is my fifth day on it. The first two days seemed good, the third day I was somewhat tired, the fourth day was the same as the third and today I feel "okay" but not much more than just "okay".

I am seeing my doc next week and he will probably up the mg's to 54 but I just want to know what it should be like so I am not assuming it isn't working. Is anyone on 54 or 72 and how does that work for you. If you are on 72mg does that mean you take two of the 36mg pills??

Thanks.
Old 09-19-05, 08:17 AM

ktucker is on a distinguished road
It depends

There are other posts regarding this but currently I am on 54mg twice a day. The extended release only lasts 6-7hours for me. I am a 33 year old female. Yes, this dose is high but with my Dr, we found it to be the best solution. I was diagnosed over 3 months ago and has taken this long to find a strength and medication that works. My 'feeling" disappeared after about 2 weeks on Concerta and initally thought it stopped working but my body has just gotten use to it.
Keep trying. Everyone is different.
Old 09-21-05, 03:58 PM
ADDvanced Member

karennerak is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Hello...

I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 41, on the 15th August, this year ; A day i will never forget!... I'm so happy to have been diagnosed, with ADHD, as i knew i had it! and i need help with my impulsive behavior, concentration and silly notions in my head!

I have 5 children, 3 of which have been diagnosed with ADHD & Conducts Disorder and all 3 boys, take Concerta... the medication works for them...

My 16 year old takes a 36mg and a 18mg every morning...That works fine for him.

My 10 and 14 year old sons, have one 36mg tablet every morning.. which is suitable for them.

Today i was given Concerta, as the Strattera didn't suit me(Made me very ill).

My psychiatrist, has started me on a 36mg tablet a day... I'm to see the him again in 4 weeks time to review my dosage and raise it, if need be.

So how do i feel, on my first day of Concerta?... Calmer.. relaxed... and now, that the tablet is wearing off, i'm feeling tired..I'm hoping for a good nights sleep tonight(For a change!).

Karen
Sponsored Links