ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-05, 08:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

lychweake will become famous soon enough
any advice on fighting fatigue?

For some reason I am always tired, I feel like everything is in slow motion most of the time, I get a good amount of sleep everynight, my diet is very good only consisting of fish and chicken, and I get plenty of exercise everyday as well. I need some advice from people who have HAD fatigue issues and were able to overcome their difficulty or have made some improvement.
Old 09-10-05, 08:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

crime_scene has disabled reputation
nonADD but have had some familiarity with fatigue...usually it is because I am wrestling with some issues over time, or am under a fair amount of stress, maybe at work or home. Then it seems that no amount of sleep is enough.

If I find a way to handle the stress, suddenly I get energy.

Just a thought.

cs

only dead fish go with the flow...

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. (Robin Williams)
Old 09-10-05, 08:52 PM
Extradimensional Moderator

HighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant future
I know what you mean. Most of the time, I'm apathetic. Most people probably think I'm on drugs most of the time, though I'm not. Fatigue is the bane of my existence.

Are you on medication? This will help. How about caffeine? Caffeine is nice to start with, but it makes you drag later. How's your job? Dull? I know when I have to fight myself to do work, I drain my energy very quickly. Moreover, if I try to listen to people for long periods, I get drained as well.
Disclaimer: none of the posts on this forum should be taken as medical advice. Optimally, always seek the opinion of multiple experienced professionals, note any discrepancies, and use your best judgment, as well as research, to determine what is true, untrue, and neither (opinion).
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-05, 08:54 PM

speedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud of
I have some suggestions;

1) VIGOROUS exercise, and plenty of it. Wear yourself out.
2) Get a little extra rest if you can. Sometimes you need a little more rest than at other times.
3) I take a B complex twice a day to help reduce my stress levels. It helps a little. See your doctor befor propping yourself up with vitamins.
4) You could just be depressed. See your doctor
5) You could have a retrovirus. See your doctor
6) It could be a problem with your medication(s). See your doctor.
7) See your doctor in any case...

Me
"Sig personnas illegitum non carborundum." (unknown)
The computer lets you make more mistakes faster, with the exception of tequila and a handgun. (M. Radcliffe)
Old 09-10-05, 10:16 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo
I have some suggestions;

1) VIGOROUS exercise, and plenty of it. Wear yourself out.
2) Get a little extra rest if you can. Sometimes you need a little more rest than at other times.
3) I take a B complex twice a day to help reduce my stress levels. It helps a little. See your doctor befor propping yourself up with vitamins.
4) You could just be depressed. See your doctor
5) You could have a retrovirus. See your doctor
6) It could be a problem with your medication(s). See your doctor.
7) See your doctor in any case...

Me
What would you definition be of plenty of exercise? Is there any vitamin suppliments besides B12 that you recommend?
Old 09-10-05, 10:25 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 14,701 Times in 5,817 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Is there any vitamin suppliments besides B12 that you recommend?

I find myself more fatigued if I miss my Vit B complex with vit C. I also take gensing!!! but i owuld repeat that seeing a doctor to rule out any medical conditions (hypo-throid, depression, virus, ect....) that may also cause these symptoms.......

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 09-10-05, 10:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadd823
I find myself more fatigued if I miss my Vit B complex with vit C. I also take gensing!!! but i owuld repeat that seeing a doctor to rule out any medical conditions (hypo-throid, depression, virus, ect....) that may also cause these symptoms.......
I dont have health insurance, plus before I go on scrips I would like to resolve the issue the natural way.
Old 09-10-05, 10:42 PM

Scattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to all
If you really mean you are only eating fish and chicken, then you're not getting the energy food you need and it's a small wonder you're tired. Carbohydrates despite their recent bad reputation are the food our body uses for energy, in addition to the fact that grains, nuts, fruits, and vegetables contain many nutrients and micro nutrients needed for good health. Protein is used to build the tissues of our body, but it is not a primary energy source. Check out your teeth sometime -- they mostly consist of flat grinders meant for masticating plant material. I've heard of fatigue before from people whose diet was too concentrated in animal protein.

"You're slow because you don't listen and you're forgetful!" - 7th grade friend
Old 09-11-05, 12:13 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 14,701 Times in 5,817 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I dont have health insurance, plus before I go on scrips I would like to resolve the issue the natural way.

I wasn't recomending going on prescriptions medications but it is considered good practice to make sure symptoms are NOT caused by health issues.

I do not have health insurance either so I understand...but if a change in my diet, exercise, or sleep habits doesn't releive or help relieve a contition then yes I pay for a physical.....hypothroidism can cause a lot of fatigue and all the diets in the world won't help it as a matter of fact having low throid kept me from being able to absorb the nurtients in the healthy food I was eating!!!! Exercise will boost matabolism but only so much besides who can exercise if getting out of bed makes one tired!!!!!!

Quote:
If you really mean you are only eating fish and chicken, then you're not getting the energy food you need and it's a small wonder you're tired. Carbohydrates despite their recent bad reputation are the food our body uses for energy, in addition to the fact that grains, nuts, fruits, and vegetables contain many nutrients and micro nutrients needed for good health. Protein is used to build the tissues of our body, but it is not a primary energy source

Execelent point and well said.....and very true!!!!!! Human body was built to run on carbs from grains, minerals from fruits and veges, as well as protiens. Carbs got a bad rap because people were eating too much of the wrong kinds and NOT exercising enough!!!!! All of the different types of foods combined provide the vitimins and minerals our bodies need to function correctly...delelting one entire food group can cause problems if nutrition scources aren't obtained from an alternitive!!!!!!

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 09-11-05, 04:02 PM

speedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud ofspeedo has much to be proud of
umm.. running or jogging several miles every day. Goign to the gymn and doing a good 1 hour workout every day MINIMUM.etc...

Not just B-12, but get B50 or B100. those will have B-12 and some other b vitamins... which is why they are b complex. :0

Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lychweake
What would you definition be of plenty of exercise? Is there any vitamin suppliments besides B12 that you recommend?
"Sig personnas illegitum non carborundum." (unknown)
The computer lets you make more mistakes faster, with the exception of tequila and a handgun. (M. Radcliffe)