ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site News, Information & Events
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-03, 05:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Support Groups & AD/HD Around the World.

The "Support Groups" and "AD/HD Around the World" Forums has been merged into one forum called "Local Suppport" It can be found Under the Treatment/Managment section.

There are Sub-Forums for Countries and States with Listings for Local area support groups and events.
anothermonkey (10-21-13), Crazygirl79 (09-10-09), Debibw (09-16-13), HydrusAPR (10-26-09), kiapearson (07-10-13), proudgg221 (05-28-08), Skully (09-22-09)
Old 10-17-03, 07:16 AM

BigDaddy is on a distinguished road
r u all americans?? im a UK (thats Britain!!) ADHD/ODD and Aspergers Syndrome (Autism) sufferer with possible other problems. How s**t is that!! must travel to other places. goodbye.

Intro Thread: http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2665
Old 10-17-03, 10:02 AM
Banned

waywardclam is on a distinguished road
Nope, there are some UK and Canadian (me) members, and I think I have seen an Australian or two, and there are probably others around here...
The Following User Says Thank You to waywardclam For This Useful Post:
Meadd (03-31-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-03, 10:31 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,042 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
We have Forum members from the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the Netherlands and a few others.

Here's the stats page on visitors to the ADD Forums, by country:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/vbst...action=country

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:
Meadd (03-31-17)
Old 09-10-09, 02:47 PM

forget pares is on a distinguished road
Re: Support Groups & AD/HD Around the World.

The URL is void. What happened to the country forums? I liked the first idea -- "local support". Now...? Could the old posts be ganged up into one again?
The Following User Says Thank You to forget pares For This Useful Post:
Meadd (03-31-17)
Old 09-14-09, 12:10 PM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,344 Times in 6,093 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a six year old thread and many things have changed in the last six years including the version of Vbulletin being used

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 10-23-09, 12:11 PM

Helen Holmstrom is on a distinguished road

I have a 27 year old daughter with un-treated ADHD. She has made a series of poor
choices in her life, and she is suffering from a deep depression, caused by a domestic
abuse beating she barely survived in 2003. I have tried over and over again to guide her to seek help for her un-treated ADHD and her deep depression. ( A child psychiatrist diagnosed her with ADHD at the age of 8, and she was on rittalin from age 8 until 14, when she stopped taking it.) As a mother, I want my beautiful daughter, to climb out of the pit of depression, and walk towards the happy ending
she deserves. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Helen

PS....I am new to this group, so thanks for your patience.
Old 10-23-09, 01:12 PM

Thanked 13,641 Times in 5,040 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Helen- I would suggest that you seek out your local CHADD office for support groups that they may have in your area. You might also find some direction through your local NAMI office. Both can be found on the web at chadd.org and nami.org respectively. While not a solution, it is a good place to start. I would also suggest that your daughter reach out here as she is able. It will help her to see that she is not alone in managing ADHD and that there is support for her.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
Old 11-08-09, 11:08 PM

Thanked 1,015 Times in 638 Posts
QueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant futureQueensU_girl has a brilliant future

The general trend seems to be that many folks want ADD support groups but noone wants to start/run them. :/
The Following User Says Thank You to QueensU_girl For This Useful Post:
Meadd (03-31-17)
Old 11-22-09, 04:43 AM
Contributor

weareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really nice

Ha ha, I can't imagine a worse person to run a support group than the average ADDer!! lol
Old 11-22-09, 11:46 AM

Thanked 23,888 Times in 11,055 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensU_girl View Post
The general trend seems to be that many folks want ADD support groups but noone wants to start/run them. :/
I did run one for about a year. Two people showed up, at two different meetings. I decided to save myself the effort.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 06-29-13, 12:26 PM
Jr Member

starkiller006 is on a distinguished road

I started an ADD/ADHD support group in the Denver, Colorado Area.

Last edited by Andrew; 07-05-13 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: edited for content
Old 07-04-13, 09:00 PM
Contributor

arxonius is a name known to allarxonius is a name known to allarxonius is a name known to allarxonius is a name known to allarxonius is a name known to allarxonius is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I did run one for about a year. Two people showed up, at two different meetings. I decided to save myself the effort.

I was going to go to one last night. I have my medication adjusted so that it wears off a little after when I normally get off work unless I take one at about 3. Since I wasn't working really late,and didn't have anything I needed to get done,I didn't take that one. The support group completely slipped my mind. Seriously.
Old 10-01-13, 08:24 PM
Contributor

WheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to allWheresMyMind is a name known to all

Hey Star, when I lived in Denver, there were like a half dozen Adult ADHD support groups. One at least was associated with CHADD. Perhaps you got poor attendance because everybody was in one of the others?

We have just one support group here in PDX and it's not what I was looking for. It is more like a 12-step program where people in REALLY bad shape come to have a shoulder to cry on. What I wanted was to find adults who struggle, but have found and are willing to share tools they use to help themselves.

Still looking....
Old 03-31-17, 01:37 AM
ADDvanced Member

Meadd is a jewel in the roughMeadd is a jewel in the roughMeadd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensU_girl View Post
I did a search for local support adhd groups at a search engine outside of here, but found none, zip, zero of them. You are right.