ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 10-13-05, 11:28 AM

Twinnish is on a distinguished road
Spitting -- sign of anxiety disorder????

My 10 yo DD has recently started spitting. She does this all day, anywhere. I make her clean it up if she spits on the floor, encourage her to use a tissue or toilet. She says she has a bad taste in her mouth. Does this sound like a manifestation of anxiety disorder? Or something else? Any suggestions as to what I should do, besides buy the kid a spittoon?
Old 11-15-05, 10:09 PM
Contributor

Bean Delphiki is on a distinguished road
I would take her straight to a doctor. I Googled "bad taste in mouth" and the first site that came up said:

Quote:
The medical causes of a bad taste in mouth can include the thrush, disorders of the thalamus, Sjogren syndrome, cancer, influenza, cold, Bell's palsy, skull fracture, and viral hepatitis.

B12 deficiency, zinc deficiency, and medications such as vincristine, vinblastine, procarbazine, right fan pen, lithium, captopril, and griseofulvin can also be a cause of a bad taste.
Edit: I just realized this is a post from last month! My advice stands, though.

Update: Currently dealing with a repetitive strain injury [RSI] to my hands/wrists/arms. I may not reply immediately (or at all) because typing is difficult and painful some days. If you'd like me to see something or reply, please email and be patient with me.

Current avatar made by user mutantjedibauer on Livejournal.com