ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-05, 11:28 PM
Jr Member

depinso is on a distinguished road
Worst episode of depresion

Maybe it's not maybe it was. Maybe just talking about it will help. Last week I had a few bad things happen(car broke down), not that bad... but bad enough to give me a push I guess. I have never felt so bad.. so worthless. I had some really bad thoughts it was just scary. I guess there isn't anything anyone can do, I'm sure I should see a doctor again. (I'm Dx'd with depression,add, and TS).
This week I felt myself coming out of it. Cleaning up the mess(mostly in my house I slept almost the whole week).. it just seemed like a wake up call. Well I guess that's it... I think I just needed to get it out of my system.
Old 11-10-05, 01:49 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

scuro has disabled reputation
Glad to listen. Oh, and welcome to the boards! Don't hesitate to post again if you have another problem.
Old 11-10-05, 09:48 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,633 Times in 574 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the ADD Forums, depinso!

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-05, 03:13 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,236 Times in 2,592 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you were able to share with us. Depression can be difficult to face alone. We're always here to listen. Welcome to the forums and I hope to see more of you

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
Old 11-29-05, 05:32 PM

CollegeADHD is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you're describing or not, but I think that sounds like what I sometimes experience. I get short episodes where I get a lot of the symptoms of depression and I feel horrible. I feel like life is worthless and hopeless and all that. The thing is, these sometimes come on very suddenly and often without anything bad happening. I feel like I shouldn't be sad because nothing has come hard for me, and I feel guilty for being sad which makes it worse. Mostly, they don't last very long. Last week I had one of these that I think might have been from my adderall (it sometimes makes me feel crappy coming off of it). It lasted one night, one night of hell, and the next day I was fine. Glad to hear you've bounced back too. Make sure you force yourself to be around people and get exercise when you're down...sometimes its the hardest thing to do, but it really helps.
Old 11-30-05, 02:29 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

barbyma has disabled reputation
Remember that ADD has a high comorbidity rate with bipolar disorder. You could be experiencing severe, but limited-duration cycles of unipolar depression. If you can handle them, great, but I would worry about what happens when you're coming out of them; you could regain motivation before your mood rebounds and that can be dangerous. This is when many commit suicide.

Please take care of yourself and try, when you feel this way, to remind yourself that it is always temporary.

in science there are no "authorities"
-Carl Sagan's The Demon Haunted World

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.