ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-05, 11:22 AM

Dexter has disabled reputation
Dexter - Western Australia

Dexter? - Yes I am female but Dexter seemed like an appropriate tag

I have just been diagnosed ADHD Limbic and although it does make sense in retrospect, it is something I'm battling with. In all honesty, who wants the words deficit or disorder attached to them?

I think I was kinda fortunate with the speed of the diagnosis. You may well think that at the age of 46, it's hardly what you would call "speedy" but I'm a Control-Freak and because I am stubborn I did not seek help until I found that I'd used all my coping strategies to the max.

I saw a pyschologist, who after 3 months therapy, asked me if I would agree to a SPECT scan as he suspected Limbic ADHD was the reason I was unable to move forward. I hated the idea, but wanted to see hardcopy evidence before agreeing to this diagnosis. Took two scans [1xRelaxation and 1xConcentration mode] and although it's all gobble-de-gook to me, something apparently showed up.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has done a SPECT scan and what's the general consensus of them?

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Old 11-17-05, 07:01 PM

Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,109 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute
Hello darl.
I'm a 26 year old ADDer from Brisbane and welcome to this great forum.
Old 11-18-05, 02:08 AM
Jr Member

Distraction is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard Dexter.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-05, 10:10 PM
The Guy Behind the Curtain

Thanked 1,860 Times in 552 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the ADD Forums, Dexter

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.