ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-04-05, 11:36 AM
Jr Member

kabookie is on a distinguished road
Adderall and valium

I need help!

I have been on Adderall for about a year. recently, I have had a major back/neck problem and it has become so bad that It hurts to walk, sit, lay down, use a pillow-basically-----It hurts to do anything.

I am going to a doctor next week.

I have valium at my house (not prescribed---from a while ago!) and it seems to be the only thing to help with the back issues.

Now I know this is going to probably sound stupid to ask but is it ok to take valium and adderall at the same time? If I stop my adderall-I will crash and sleep for 2 days and I can not do that right now because I have work, etc...I have to plan for that. I just get a little scared that taking an upper and valium (is it a downer) is going to be bad.

I only want to take the two together until I can get to a dr to find out what is wrong and get treatment...but every time I put that blue pill in my mouth I get scared!

Is this safe?

Holly
Old 12-06-05, 04:03 PM
Jr Member

Nameless rb26 is on a distinguished road
<-- wondering the same thing.
Old 12-09-05, 09:21 AM

Valhallabound is on a distinguished road
Heck, I take Klonopin, which is in the same class as Valium, to sleep at night on top of Adderall. I've always opened my eyes in the morning so I guess that's a good sign. Benzos aren't bad to mix, it's the barbituates you want to be weary of mixing with uppers. That's not professional advice of course! lol

~MJL
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-05, 12:47 PM
Forum Guru

Hyperion has a spectacular aura aboutHyperion has a spectacular aura about
It is probably safe to take valium or other benzodiazepines at night and still take your Adderall during the day. However, taking benzos during the day can make your ADD worse by making you more disoriented and unfocused.

A good solution might be for your doctor to prescribe a muscle relaxant, which will both help your back and help you get to sleep at night. There are several on the market, such as Flexeril and Skelaxin. Skelaxin especially is safer because it acts on the muscles themselves rather than on the brain. The other advantage of muscle relaxants is that they are generally safer than benzos like valium.
Old 12-09-05, 07:06 PM

cell is on a distinguished road
Call your doctor's office and ask a nurse, or call a pharmacist.

Does valium not knock you out? It should. In that case, you should stop the Adderall anyway.

What is the problem with your back in particular?