ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 01-29-06, 11:17 PM
ADDvanced Member

Carol has disabled reputation
Membership NOT required to fill prescriptions at COSTCO pharmacies

I recently paid $30 for my prescription at Costco, which had cost $150 elsewhere. The pharmacist told me that all Costco pharmacies will fill prescriptions for anyone -- you do not need a membership. At the store entrance, you just tell them that you're going to the pharmacy and they will let you in.

I also called my local Costco pharmacy to get comparison prices, which they gave me. They just needed the exact drug, strength, and quantity. I got a little confused with that and kept mixing up strengths and quantities, and they got a little frustrated with me. I then pointed out that I wouldn't be asking about those particular drugs if I didn't have ADD -- that got an understanding chuckle and a lot more patience.

It was well worth the effort, so I just wanted to pass that information along.

ps I do not work for Costco, nor do I own Costco stock, nor do any of my family or friends. But we all like to save money.
Old 01-30-06, 12:19 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
This is supposed to be true for all warehouse membership clubs like BJs and Sam's Club too. They won't advertise this but they are legally required to fill prescriptions for non-club members.