ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-06, 05:24 AM

alkoz has disabled reputation
Explain your avatar

Hi,

I hope this is the right forum for this. Explain your avatar. Does it have any relationship to what we all talk about here? If so, what made you think of it?

I love nucking_futs' avatar because I can relate to it. That's exactly how I feel.

Ok, my avatar. With me, I'm always rushing around, thinking of things other than what I'm doing, and forgetting what I'm currently doing. One day I was making coffee and did everything right except for putting the coffe pot in the coffee maker. I had to take a pic of it. That's the stuff i do all the time.

Tell me about yours.

al
Old 02-16-06, 12:02 PM
Contributor

...Daria has disabled reputation
My avatar is of my favorite old time cartoon that used to be shown on MTV after school when I was younger.

She was me in almost every aspect and I lost that person and I want to remember her to get her back.
She is strong and so was I.

Funny also ... so it fits just right.
Good thread.(two thumbs up)

-("The Misery Chick")
--------------------------------------------------
Trent: Do you ever feel like you're wasting your life?
Daria: Only when I'm awake

-("Road Warrior")
Old 02-16-06, 01:47 PM
ADDvanced Member

HuskyMom is on a distinguished road
My avatar is just an explanation of my forum nic...I don't have children in the traditional sense, but I do have two dogs. Asher (shown in the avatar) is my baby boy. Using my female pup as a reference for my nic would have been much harder, as she is a lab/terrier cross...it just didn't have the same ring. By the way, I loooooove Daria, and was totally addicted -she rocks!

I agree, nice thread!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-06, 02:53 PM

skel1977 is on a distinguished road
My avatar is hooded so you cant see who he is. Most people dont know the real me so Im hidden from the world.
Old 02-16-06, 06:21 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Ian has disabled reputation
many things

>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Old 02-16-06, 06:37 PM

DimensionX will become famous soon enough
I choose mine because it shows a balance, it shows that even great beauty or something small can distrupt it which in turn causes a 'ripple' effect which with affect other things around it.

I don't know, i guess i just choose it because it's more or less a perfect example of how i see...pretty much everything, society, personalities, ecosystems, life in general

it also reminds me of some things: how beauty can be decieving and how the smallest thing can lead to big changes.

"It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world."

- Chaos Theory

which in turn also reminds me of one of my most favourite films The Butterfly Effect (not the directors cut version, that ending completely ruined the whole film for me)

Anyway, i tend to like things that spark my imagination/interest which gets me thinking about different possibilities and links between different things...anyway that picture would be one of them.
Old 02-16-06, 07:36 PM
ADDvanced Member

Tater is on a distinguished road
Take a wild guess about mine

In the black, There is some white; In the wrong, There is some right; In the dark,There is some light; In the blind,There is some sight.
-Abhinyana

After observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.
-Buddha
Old 02-16-06, 07:55 PM
Banned

william tell can only hope to improve
I have to watch what I say
Old 02-16-06, 11:22 PM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
It's kinda simple, I like Winter, it makes me happy
Old 02-16-06, 11:23 PM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by william tell
I have to watch what I say
Love the eye !!
Old 02-16-06, 11:58 PM

pembroke is a jewel in the roughpembroke is a jewel in the roughpembroke is a jewel in the rough
my (current) avatar is an art nouveau piece by alfons mucha. the whole piece reminds me of a Q. q for question, or that annoying fella on star trek the next generation....
Baruch Spinoza

Old 02-17-06, 02:01 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

stanzen has a spectacular aura aboutstanzen has a spectacular aura about
My avatar is a Georg Jensen dove broach c. 1910. I love his broaches, find the GJ style soothing, and the dove appeals to me.

but I had to take it for a spin (and make it annoying).

One Spun Monkey turning into a dove.

Dr. Pangloss: "There is a concatenation of all events in the best of possible worlds . . ."

"Excellently observed," answered Candide; "but let us cultivate our garden."

Old 02-17-06, 03:18 AM

Thanked 1,449 Times in 1,164 Posts
~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold~boots~ is a splendid one to behold
"One day I was making coffee and did everything right except for putting the coffe pot in the coffee maker. I had to take a pic of it. That's the stuff i do all the time."

LOL, I just thought you took a pic of a coffee maker because you like coffee! I didn't notice it was spilt all over the bench!

I just picked the first avatar that fitted up without having to be resized. I am planning on changing it one day ;-)
Old 02-17-06, 06:51 AM
ADDvanced Member

Princess-of-Chaos is on a distinguished road
I've been at school once in Northern Norway... in winter, at 70° north. I love Scandinavian countries, especially Norway. Although I'd miss "culture" in the very North (cinema, concerts, theater, nice cafés....) if I'd live there, I love this special light, the cold, the atmosphere. So my dream is to live in Oslo or Stockholm and go to vacations to the arctic. This picture has been taken at Svalbard, an arctic Island under Norwegian government. It is at 78° North, closer to the North Pole than any other inhabited area. I'd love to go there for a time......
Old 02-17-06, 07:10 AM

Ichpuchtli has a spectacular aura aboutIchpuchtli has a spectacular aura about
I use Linux and the the Penguin that is flying there is Tux their mascot. That pic is called super tux. I choose it mostly because it was what I liked. Also cause it is Random and wierd like me.

DemensionX I used to be a member of DB anyway I used that pic for the background of a school project, it was an advertisment. I did Andrew's Funeral Services B+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimensionX
I choose mine because it shows a balance, it shows that even great beauty or something small can distrupt it which in turn causes a 'ripple' effect which with affect other things around it.

I don't know, i guess i just choose it because it's more or less a perfect example of how i see...pretty much everything, society, personalities, ecosystems, life in general

it also reminds me of some things: how beauty can be decieving and how the smallest thing can lead to big changes.

"It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world."

- Chaos Theory

which in turn also reminds me of one of my most favourite films The Butterfly Effect (not the directors cut version, that ending completely ruined the whole film for me)

Anyway, i tend to like things that spark my imagination/interest which gets me thinking about different possibilities and links between different things...anyway that picture would be one of them.