ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Metadate CD & ER
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Metadate CD & ER (methylphenidate ER)

Old 03-15-06, 10:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

adventureguru is on a distinguished road
Metadate CD Question-onset?

Hi
I just switch from Strattera (which made me sleepy, dizzy and well...I would have blended in really well at a nursing home! It whooped my butt!!!)
Anywho...I just started Metadate CD yesterday. When I was on straight ritalin (10mg 4x's a day max of 40mgs daily) Doc told me to eat then take the med...So, I figured that I would do the same with this...well DUH! its a time release...So, the question is...
Can anyone tell me what the onset of this med is? Obviously it takes a little longer to get into the system...I just need to fine tune it so that I can figure out how long that is...any insight?

Thanks!
Guru
Old 07-11-06, 09:34 PM

sasa is on a distinguished road
It seems to work a little faster than others I have tries - a bit less tha 2 hours I would say