ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-06, 12:39 PM

wintergirl has disabled reputation
Lexapro and Seroquel

I was just perscribed Lexapro at 10mg daily and Seroquel 25mg for nighttime to help with sleeping. I do strongly believe I have ADD but the doctor is treating me for Anxiety and depression, which I also have. How well does this combination work? Does anyone use these two together? I hope to see results soon.
Old 04-10-06, 09:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

mrsvoorhees26 has disabled reputation
i have used both at the same time, which i no longer use...long story as to why, but its not bad...anyway lexapro is a great anti-depressant with minimal side effects and seroquel is awesome for sleep. i used 25mgs as well and it gave me the best sleep in my life!!!! right now i am using seroquel again for sleep since i am suffering from nightmares and it is a God send! so for the most part the two meds together are very good, especially the seroquel since it is not a med that you will become addicted to like other sleep aids. best of luck with both meds
-heather

" I'm lost inside this tangled web, in which i've laid entwined" Vox, By Sarah Mclachlan"
Old 05-05-06, 11:15 PM

wintergirl has disabled reputation
I've been taking Lexapro 10mg daily and Seroquel on occasion at night to sleep. This does not seem to be helping at all. I'm going on five weeks now on the Lexapro daily and I've actually been feeling more depressed. I don't notice any difference in myself for the better. I do not see the p-doc and my therapist until June 1 for my evaluation. Does anyone have any advice? Why this may not be working?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-14, 09:01 PM

shane360 is on a distinguished road
Re: Lexapro and Seroquel

hate to break it to ya buddy but seroquel is a very powerful and very addictive medicine i have been on it for a few years, not addictive in the usual sense but after taking it for idk a few months it becomes very very hard to get off and even harder to sleep without it. after about 6 months its absolutely impossible to sleep without it. personally it has helped me alot with some things but overall i still regret starting it in the first place. its not like an ssri, trust me you will not forget to take this one lol