ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-02, 09:14 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,056 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Andrew - New York, U.S.

** Updated 04/28/2008 **

Hi all!

My name is Andrew, and I'm one of the Administrators here at the forums. I'm 40 years old and the father of a beautiful 12 year old girl.

I look forward to meeting all of you in the Forums, and learning all about YOUR experiences. These forums are for ALL of us! Your comments, questions and contributions are what will make this a comfortable place to hang out.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via Private Message through the forums! Otherwise, thanks for stopping by, and drop me a line if you want to say hi!

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 07-10-02, 11:39 PM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
Andrew, welcome to you! Your more than welcome, it's for all of us that are dealing with ADD/ADHD.. If it helps but one, I will take the greatest pleasure in it..
Again, welcome to the new community. Talk to you soon,
David
Old 04-02-03, 09:29 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quiescent has a spectacular aura aboutQuiescent has a spectacular aura about
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! huggs

- "There will always be something better out there, so if you want to wait for something better, you will always be waiting" - Me

- "Negative thoughts, words, and paths are only noise for the signal for our brains. Just like the Signal to Noise ratio is for sound devices, the more noise we have, the less signal we have." - Me
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-03, 06:25 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
HI & Hugssssss Boogie

Old 06-13-03, 05:19 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Keppig has disabled reputation
Cool Hello

I didn't realize you had a daughter! Its nice to know people who have ADD kids like their parents I had a little laugh last night. I was talking to my mother who is taken the generic of Ridalin to help with her sleepiness, a side problem due to Sleep Apnia. She was telling me how calmer she feels and she is thinking more clearly. When I told her she was taking a generic version of Ridalin, I said, "And you thought you were't ADD?" My mom has always been the dreamy kind of ADD and because she wasn't hyper like my sisters and I are she thought she wasn't.
Old 06-13-03, 07:46 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Actually, my daughter has never been diagnosed, though there are times that I wonder...lol

Old 07-12-03, 02:54 PM

momoftoddlers is on a distinguished road
Hey Andrew, thanks for refering me here.. been a great place to be. My 7 year old was diagnosed with ADHD not too long ago.. meds seem to be doing better for her as of late. Me, I had to step down my dose a notch or two to feel more like myself.... at least a little bit.

Anyway, my head doesn't seem to spin at the thought of ADD anymore.. which is a good thing. It's just trying to get through the day sometimes that's hard.

Well, I'm glad to have so many caring people around- even if you all are in cyberspace!!!

Take care!
Janet
Old 07-12-03, 06:07 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Janet,

So glad you feel as comfortable in the ADD Forums as I do Welcome!

Old 06-22-04, 08:36 PM

jac_crazyinside is on a distinguished road
Hi Andrew,

I'm Jacqui -- new to the form as well. I was diagnosed shortly after my Dad was several years ago and you know something -- it brought us even closer together. Of course now my greatest fear in life is becoming my Dad -- he moved my mother and I across the country on average once evey two years as he changed jobs (fired and hired, fired and hired, youknow). And yes, I have a few angry years once I was diagnosed as well, but now my Dad is my closest allie, especially when "our" non-ADD mother is on our case!

Nothing more wonderful than the bond between a daughter and her Daddy... sometimes I feel like he is the only one who really gets me.
Old 06-22-04, 10:02 PM
Ghost in the Machine

So glad you joined us, Jacqui I think you'll find lots of support and inspiration here. I know I do

If you have any questions, feel free to post away

Old 10-07-04, 01:39 PM

artb is on a distinguished road
Hi Andrew,
My name is Art, I was diagnosed with ADHD about 15 years ago when my son was in the 4th grade. I really didn't give in to treatment until about 7 years later when my wife was totally frustrated with my angry outbursts and sullen moments. I am a physician who did ok at my work in solo practice until the paper work and demands of the practice burned me out. I tried working in the ER, urgent care, real estate and others and it appears to me that my struggles with details, paperwork and blurting out things is par for the course for an ADDer. So I am glad to find others who can share my concerns and maybe give me some new ideas
Old 10-09-04, 01:25 AM

BULLDOG has disabled reputation
Question Nue Guy On The Block

Im so nue...I dont harley know what to do!!!!!! After reading thru...I think I have found the right place. I Had some testing done 2 weeks ago that CONFIRMED what I really knew all along...I have ADD...The inattentive type. 2 of my boys also have ADD 1 is HYPER ... like he eats HAPPY JET POWERED PILLS all the time....the other is like his dad. I hope I can find some answers here....and it's gonna take me a while to figure all this out. Im still lost and confused .
Old 10-09-04, 05:27 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Hello art and bulldog, and welcome to the ADD Forums

Old 01-19-05, 01:30 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

auntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the roughauntchris is a jewel in the rough
Hi Andrew and welcome. I didn't know you had a daughter until just recently. About five years ago, I told my psychologist I though I had ADD and was dyslexic. Believe it or not he said he saw the same tendencies in me too. A couple years later my therapist Amy said... that my childhood sounded a lot like ADD. I look at here and told her I wanted to be tested, well now we know.

Ya know I can remember alot of my childhood being full of mistrust and major arguements and fights. No one knowing how to deal with me. Now I know why my life has always seem to be hetic and in chaos.

I am so glad that I have been told about this forum and the good people. I can see you have given a lot of your time and energy in to this forum by the outside work you, but you have helped alot of others through your efforts. Thanks you for all the research and hard work you put into this safe haven. auntchris
Old 01-28-05, 01:07 PM

Casscia is on a distinguished road
Hey Andrew.

I have Adult ADHD inattentive type. I am currently doing very well. ;-) 31 kicking butt. Just changed meds tho. My Daughter has ADHD inattentive type. We just got her glasses. Then we'll see if her grade improve. and this website is awesome hun!

Cass