ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > United States Referrals > United States - Northeastern U.S. > Rhode Island
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-06, 04:11 PM

jale9579 is on a distinguished road
Rhode Islanders, please help

I have been seeing a Psychiatrist to treat my diagnosed Adult ADD for the past 3 months. We have been through a number of therapy sessions and also tried everything form wellbutrin, to Strattera and imipramine. I have obtained adderall in the past which proved very effective for me (totally different person, work and personal relationships bettered, focused etc) but learned today my doctor doesn't prescribe "this type" of medication. He informed me I should look for another doctor if this is what I'm looking for - big help, right!fficeffice" />>>

>>

In any even, if someone in the area has had success with a doctor in the Providence area (willing to drive) who is not against prescribing "this type of a medication" (as not to waste more of my time) I would greatly appreciate it...>>

>>

Im at my whits end here and need some help please

>>

Old 05-30-06, 01:31 AM
ADDvanced Member

lotsofconfusion is on a distinguished road
Hi Jale,
I have also taken Adderall, but have recently stopped. I got the prescription from my regular doctor. I gave her my report from the psychologist who diagnosed the add, and she took it from there. Unfortunately, she doesnt know much about adderall, but I thought that I did and kinda winged it. We did try other stuff first though. Try you reg. physician. Most doctors will give the perscription and work with the psychiatrist.
Good luck, let me know what happens.

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." ~ Chinese Proverb ain't this the truth?