ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 07-06-06, 09:20 AM

bunny0271 is on a distinguished road
Can you take Strattera and Adderall together?

I've tried both Strattera and Adderall, but not at the same time. I only took Adderall for 4 days as the rebounding was something I just couldn't deal with, but when the medication was working I felt fine. I'm now on Strattera, only my second week and I'm wondering if I could do an Adderall during the day and maybe not get any rebounding. I haven't seen any difference whatsoever while being on the Strattera, but I don't think I've been on it long enough. Has anyone else been prescribed both at the same time?
Old 07-10-06, 04:59 PM

You were saying is on a distinguished road
I was wondering the same thing. I have left over stratteras and I wanted to take the edge off my crash in the evenings. I take adderal xr 20mg.. Since strattera made me sleepy, maybe it'll help.
Old 07-10-06, 07:29 PM
Contributor

relvinnian has disabled reputation
Yes, I have taken them both for about 6 months. They seemed to work well together and others have had even better results. With me it just got me depressed after awhile, but it wasn't the combination alone, but also other factors in my life and my inborn physiology. I'm on ritalin and wellbutrin now. The most notable benefit is that there are no ups and downs, and you seem to have constant coverage almost all day. So you have the steadiness and longevity of the nonstimulants, combined with the more efficacious stimulant. Side effects even out as well, except that strattera will still cause constipation and male plumbing issues.

"I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

-Isaac Newton
Sponsored Links