ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-06, 02:43 AM

MindResearcher will become famous soon enough
My Opinion On Adderall and Addiction

Notice my Title , adderall and Addiction, but I chose to put opinion. Also , to be truthful, everyone is different and respond different to adderall, each persons NeuroTransmittion makup is different, some addicts or alcoholics tend to abuse drugs or alcohol at different quanities, but still addiction and dependancy is what you must dicifer between.

I used to post a message in a way where a reader would get the impression that my message is the only way and thats the way it is. But I thought it over from reading thousands of posts over the yrs and it seems everyone has a different outlook and approach, on top of that there going to do what he or she wants anyway. For example, I believe forums are a great tool for advise, but not to replace professional help, although I have learned a few good things from posts and they turned out positive. If someone for instance post a question "what do I do , i cannot stop using adderall or whatever drug",, then 100 people post "go to rehab or do this or that" , I can bet that person will just continue to use and get fustrated at the replys.

Ok, back to adderall. This drug has helped my drug and alcohol addiction. Now , before you get the wrong idea, im not saying its a cure or that everyone should go get adderall perscribed because 2 old friends were addicts and asked me why I dont use anymore (Opiates and alcohol) , which I told them Adderall has helped me so much, along with meetings and so forth. The 2 friends ended up getting adderall perscribed to them, and one of them went crazy abusing it, then it ruined our friendship because after one week of him eating all his pills, he expected me to give him mine, and thats a whole other story.
The other friend, actually does good, but had money problems and sells them so thats not good. Especially addicts reading forums, boy I can see how heated some discussions can be because its all about me me me.! This is not against anyone on here, but Its catch 22. Without adderall (or whatever dexedrine or ritalin) suboxone etc, most likely I would be in somekind of trouble.
Old 08-21-06, 07:38 PM
Jr Member

amphetamine78 is on a distinguished road
I completely agree with you. I find that Adderall gives me the ability to be a productive member of society. Without it, I don't do jack ****. I just sleep and can't get anything together.

I quit drinking and was put on Adderall shortly after (not as a cure for alcoholism), and I honestly never have a craving for alcohol now. I don't even think about getting wasted anymore, because since my Adderall helps me think so much clearer, I know that alcohol will never solve any problem I have to face, and whenever I do face a problem, I'm able to come up with a well thought out solution to it that always works - thats the adderall doing its job. If I never got put on adderall I would just be the same alcoholic drunk sum***** I always was.

Even when I don't have my adderall, I still know that it's not what I need, and don't even give it any thought.
Old 08-23-06, 02:20 PM

Location: Here, I think....or maybe there. What was the question?
TheStormCellar is on a distinguished road
You know, now that you mention it, it does seem that I just don't care to drink as much when I'm on my Adderall (I'm on the RX at 20mg first thing in the morning, and I think I might have the doc take me down to 15mg because I think the 20mg is too much). It's not that I drank a lot before, maybe once every 2 weeks I'd have a drink with friends on a Friday night, or after work, but now when I go out for drinks, I'll only ever have maybe half a cocktail now, when before I would have maybe 2 or 3 of them.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-06, 08:48 PM
Contributor

JustNeedHelp will become famous soon enough
thats a very interesting point come to think of it after being on adderall i accually moved out of where i lived because of the drinking, it wasnt much AT ALL but it was every other weekend going and drinking, and all the sudden i dont see the point in it... interesting... and if i may ask why did the doctor prescribe you amphetamine salts if you were an AA member (not trying to make you mad or say the wrong things but was it on his suggestion you try it or you kinda just didnt tell him about the alcohol?) either way if you stopped drinking thats good now you just gotta slowly lower you dose until your off it, and one thing i sorta came up with is this DO NOT i repeat DO NOT stop taking your adderall UNTIL and ONLY UNTIL you are completely happy not depressed at all, as i feel addiction is alot more common when your deppressed so i also feel you shoudl surround yourself with love unil you are happy then say hey i dont need this and slowly get off it do not just say hey thats enough in happy bye bye adderall and stop cold turkey you will put your body into (kinda into a state of shock) as your body will notice hey wheres my adderall and fight you to get more ( fight by headaches withdrwaly symptoms etc etc) so slowyl lower your dose once your happy sry for spelling problems
The Following User Says Thank You to JustNeedHelp For This Useful Post:
Prettynikki623 (10-05-17)
Old 10-05-17, 01:13 AM

Prettynikki623 is on a distinguished road
Re: My Opinion On Adderall and Addiction

I have suffered from all kinds of addiction, alcohol, drugs, over exercising, you name it. I was in detox for alcohol withdrawal a couple of years ago, and having an extremely hard time feeling a sense of guilt for my relapses. After a couple of days of being sober I think they keep me 14 days that time,my physiatrist from psychiatric consultants of Atlanta very frankly said what the **** is wrong with you and I just keep saying I can't ******* sit still and the alcohol is slowing me and my brain down....and I said the messed up part is I don't even drink to get ****** up I just can't keep feeling I have to do something or move around. He put me on Vyvanse the next day and it completely changed my life, it was like OMG I get why people can actually sit in Starbucks and read a book now. I slept better at night because I wasn't just passing out from the effects of alcohol, I don't have to constantly interrupt people when they talked, I could watch a movie without saying in my head **** I gotta load the dishwasher and do laundry and is it someone's birthday today??? All that blah blah blah that used to repeatedly went swirling around in my head started to go away I switched my job so I had to get off the Vyvanse because I also lost my insurance and paying out of pocket for it was ridiculous, so my doctor put me on Adderall because it's cheaper, so that's what I'm taking as if now but it does what it needs to for the most part while I'm in the process of getting it switched over. Being properly diagnosed has saved my life. If you don't have ADHD never judge someone who does, without being treated it can be devastating, and you would never understand what goes on in our heads when we're not getting the proper meds for it. Let the Drs be the doctors, find a good one take his suggestions whether it be Adderall, Vyvanse strattera, whatever work for YOU, and don't lie to your doctor's because you feel ashamed that you have an addiction and you think that they think your drug seeking, the good ones can tell the difference and will help you
Old 10-08-17, 02:58 PM

nuvisys can only hope to improve

Never heard about CES (Cranial Electro Stimulation)? Pls research about it on the web. You'll not regret it. Promise.

No more uppers or downers. No more pills that will make you an addict. Best of all, if doctors will merge pharmaceuticals with e-Theraphy, there would be less misery in this planet.
Note. CES info is suppressed by the medical profession, Big Pharma and AMA. They pretend not to know about it. That is why there is less info about it.
Old 10-08-17, 03:07 PM

nuvisys can only hope to improve

Never heard about CES (Cranial Electro Stimulation)? Pls research about it on the web. You'll not regret it. Promise.

Last edited by nuvisys; 10-08-17 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: double posts
Old 10-09-17, 05:18 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 30,854 Times in 14,134 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.additudemag.com/adhd-sti...n-side-effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuvisys View Post

No more uppers or downers. No more pills that will make you an addict. Best of all, if doctors will merge pharmaceuticals with e-Theraphy, there would be less misery in this planet.
Note. CES info is suppressed by the medical profession, Big Pharma and AMA. They pretend not to know about it. That is why there is less info about it.

I carried a watermelon?